• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well assuming they paid a loan fee for him for the season, we'd just be giving some of that back.

Fabio can't be a Plan A to solving our PL goalscoring problems this season!

If our big survival plan is paying money to get Fabio back, then it doesn't matter who the manager is, we're going down. We need a proven goalscorer to be ready to start at Villa on Jan 4th or we're in real danger

I just don't see us spending the 35-40m required for a proven goalscorer. That's what it would cost for someone who is properly proven at this level.

I just don't see us spending the 35-40m required for a proven goalscorer. That's what it would cost for someone who is properly proven at this level.
Unless we win games in late Dec/early Jan I doubt we'd get one to come even if we tried to spend that. It would most likely be an older player without residual value I'd imagine, something along the lines of when Newcastle signed Wood last year, most likely my guess from the Spanish league, a none Willian Jose, Willian Jose

I think we may go for Luuk De Jong or Diaz on loan for 6 months.

Not sexy but Lopetegui knows them and how he likes to play.

Silva isn't a player that fits into that system and his goal record at the top level is pitiful.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Dolberg, El Nesyri or Ocampos either.

Edit: Ocampos has played for 2 clubs this season already.

Last edited:
I think we may go for Luuk De Jong or Diaz on loan for 6 months.

Not sexy but Lopetegui knows them and how he likes to play.

Silva isn't a player that fits into that system and his goal record at the top level is pitiful.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Dolberg, El Nesyri or Ocampos either.

Diaz I'd take. Dolberg or El Nesyri would be great aswell but non of them are really proven top level goalscorers though.

Dolberg looked the real deal at Ajax when he first joined them but has cooled significantly since.

He's also only managed just over three hours of action in the league for Sevilla all season which is a bit of a red flag. He hasn't been injured, just largely parked as an unused sub.

Fabio can't be a Plan A to solving our PL goalscoring problems this season!

Obviously not but he is better than what we currently have. If we can't get plan A or B in then its a better alternative than doing nothing.

At least now we have a manager that has more clout to get players over the line then we did under Lage...

Fabio started his loan on fire but it's gone quiet recently and Anderlecht appear to be struggling as a whole. I'd be interested to hear some balanced views of how he's getting on over there, but they appear rare on SM.
Having watched a fair few Anderlecht games this season he was part of a team under a new coach that started well and he was taking his chances. The team then seemed to fall out with the coach and apparently weren’t happy playing 5 at the back. The chances dried up for Fabio particularly against the better sides as Anderlecht struggled to get a foothold in games.

Performances got worse and the youth coach has taken over and they’ve now gone to 4 at the back. He does seem to be getting more frustrated by the game as he picks up good positions but doesn’t get the ball particularly in the box. In the game against Steaua in the Conference league a couple of weeks ago he had a tap in a couple of times but the pass never got there whereas he set up the goal that clinched a play off place on Thursday. Anderlecht’s big problem is their players are either very young or very old, they only have a few in their middle twenties.

He’s definitely gained a yard of pace and holds up the ball well but sometimes is very sloppy with his link play and gets very frustrated when he doesn’t get the ball. I still think he’s got it in him to score goals at this level but i do worry about his temperament and whether that may just get the better of him.

The loan looked a good one at the start but Anderlecht are a bit of a mess and so it’s not as much of a help right now. Don’t think we’ll pay to get him back so hopefully they improve and he finds his best form again.

Anderlecht reportedly have no intention of letting Fabio Silva return to Molineux in January.

La Derniere Heure

Well, it absolutely rules it out as option and he returns in July and JL can make a decision then. Does leave us really needing a forward though. I'm not convinced Raul will be viable and Mr Costa is a non-scoring nut job.

I see it more as it'll take a sizeable sum to get Anderlecht to change their mind. I'm not saying we should pay it

We won't.

I mean we can offer money but you wouldn't be doing anything other than repaying the wages they have paid so far and unless Scott has lost his mind we won't be paying more than that....wait...shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back