• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeley has written a piece today which looks like a lot of whataboutery, saying that we are considering paying off Anderlecht to have Fabio back because it would be more cost effective than buying another forward.

I don't believe it, just putting it out there.

Madeley has written a piece today which looks like a lot of whataboutery, saying that we are considering paying off Anderlecht to have Fabio back because it would be more cost effective than buying another forward.

I don't believe it, just putting it out there.
Depends how good the other striker is?

Ps: surely we’re not going to post another couple of million for Fabio? That would be another massive black mark against Jeff.

In that hypothetical situation it would depend if Fabio is going to be good enough / better than potential new forward?

In that hypothetical situation it would depend if Fabio is going to be good enough / better than potential new forward?
No chance that will be the case.

Anderlecht fans already not happy with him.

Depends how good the other striker is?

Ps: surely we’re not going to post another couple of million for Fabio? That would be another massive black mark against Jeff.
Absolutely. It’s a sunk cost fallacy.

Better off not wasting anymore money on him.

If he's good enough, then from the context of the January window it makes sense because we can then spend money in other areas.

I'd be tempted to think Silva is a better option than what we currently have, but that doesn't say much about our current options.

Even considering this also highlights how catastrophic our decisions have been in the wider context.

No chance that will be the case.

Anderlecht fans already not happy with him.

Thats a bit rich from them. They are absolutely woeful, any time I've watched them he's been their best player by miles.

Thats a bit rich from them. They are absolutely woeful, any time I've watched them he's been their best player by miles.
They think he's playing for stats/himself and not the club. Walked off in a huff without approaching their fans after they won but he didn't score & had a bad game.

They think he's playing for stats/himself and not the club. Walked off in a huff without approaching their fans after they won but he didn't score & had a bad game.

That sounds positive to me. This sort of mentality turned a certain Portuguese winger into one of the best players of all time.

That sounds positive to me. This sort of mentality turned a certain Portuguese winger into one of the best players of all time.
Just what we need, a complete fucking prick in the dressing room.

Only without the talent

Just what we need, a complete fucking prick in the dressing room.

Not sure I see the correlation between holding himself to a high standard and being pissed off when he's not hit those heights and being a prick?

Ronaldo's attitude with Ronny Rosenthal's ability isn't a good thing.

I'm obviously higher on Silva's ability than yourself. I think he's comfortably our best centre forward even with everyone fit.

Insert name of generic Championship centre forward would be comfortably our best centre forward with everyone fit, with the exception of Sasa who we can't judge.

Insert name of generic Championship centre forward would be comfortably our best centre forward with everyone fit, with the exception of Sasa who we can't judge.

I'm including Sasa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back