• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what happened to Mariano. Was superb at Lyon, Real paid 23m EU to bring him back and subsequently never played him. When he has played it has been a few minutes here and there from the bench, hardly ever a start.

He's a little like Jimenez in that there's no real outstanding qualities, but tries to get in behind far more as he's definitely quicker than even prime Raul. Similarly good technique, good finisher, decent hold up play, decent in the air but can drift out of games.

Lopetegui IIRC got him to switch nationality to Spanish because he planned on calling him up, but never did. Definitely talent there but his career has definitely stalled.

I think a number of them we cannot recall. There's also the fact that it's probably better for someone like Cundle to continue getting regular first team football to be honest.
Weird if Silva can't be recalled, and whilst I agree Cundle will improve more out on loan - that shouldn't be the priority any more, survival needs to be top of the list.

Weird if Silva can't be recalled, and whilst I agree Cundle will improve more out on loan - that shouldn't be the priority any more, survival needs to be top of the list.
One of the conditions on them paying his full salary

Don’t know much about Diaz, but also try not to read too much in to the info available on websites like Wiki, because it never paints a full picture. I suspect he’s struggled to get on the pitch at Real Madrid as they have one of the best number 9’s in world football up top in Benzema.

That said, he could be absolutely gash.

After Trincao, Jesus Vallejo and a somewhat overpriced Semedo it’s surreal that we are rightly sceptical about taking players from Barca and Real Madrid. Funny old game.

Last edited:
I don't know what happened to Mariano. Was superb at Lyon, Real paid 23m EU to bring him back and subsequently never played him. When he has played it has been a few minutes here and there from the bench, hardly ever a start.

He's a little like Jimenez in that there's no real outstanding qualities, but tries to get in behind far more as he's definitely quicker than even prime Raul. Similarly good technique, good finisher, decent hold up play, decent in the air but can drift out of games.

Lopetegui IIRC got him to switch nationality to Spanish because he planned on calling him up, but never did. Definitely talent there but his career has definitely stalled.
A decision that set Dominican football back by decades tbh.

After Trincao, Jesus Vallejo and a somewhat overpriced Semedo it’s surreal that we are rightly sceptical about taking players from Barca and Real Madrid. Funny old game.
Rafa Mir would've led the line for most of this season if still here.

Rafa Mir would've led the line for most of this season if still here.
Not Barca or Real Madrid though, unless you count his time at Barca when he was 14!

Played from from the sounds of it, my mate is in Spain for work and been watching. He messaged me asking if that that was the guy I used to tell him about, as used to post his goals at Huesca in one of our chats after all my non Wolves supporting mates discovered him during our first strikerless patch.

I am not fully aware of the foreign market but are there any players on these shores we could go for perhaps?

I am not fully aware of the foreign market but are there any players on these shores we could go for perhaps?

Theres a few

Ilias chair would be an improvement on tbe basis that he's actually a proper attacking midfielder.

Sarr and Pedro at Watford could be options.

Few mentioned Brereton Dias, I don't think he'll step up well but he'd be better than the empty hole we have upfront currently.

I wouldn't mind a punt on Jerry Yates from Blackpool. Can play across the front 3 and scoring at a 1 in 2 rate for a poor side.

Theres a few

Ilias chair would be an improvement on tbe basis that he's actually a proper attacking midfielder.

Sarr and Pedro at Watford could be options.

Few mentioned Brereton Dias, I don't think he'll step up well but he'd be better than the empty hole we have upfront currently.

I wouldn't mind a punt on Jerry Yates from Blackpool. Can play across the front 3 and scoring at a 1 in 2 rate for a poor side.
I have suggested Brereton dias in the past. Thanks

Blackburn have been categoric that he is not for sale, even to the point that they have accepted he walks for free in the summer. He won't move in January unless he goes on strike.

Blackburn have been categoric that he is not for sale, even to the point that they have accepted he walks for free in the summer. He won't move in January unless he goes on strike.
Bonkers isn't it?

Bonkers isn't it?
Going for the gamble that he helps get them promoted and the money from the PL covers any loss of transfer fee.
Guess they will hope he won't sign a pre-contract with anyone and if they do go up, they have a chance of getting him to sign a new deal.

Now, Sevilla were rumoured to be in for him so...

They are 2nd in fairness (albeit only six points clear of Millwall in 9th).

The potential returns from promotion dwarf what you'd get for a striker with no record at all in the top flight and six months left on his deal.

We didn't flat out refuse to sell Kenny Miller in the last year of his contract but turned down multiple bids from Mick's Sunderland because they wouldn't pay what he was actually worth rather than trying to nab him like some book on offer in The Works on Christmas Eve. We knew he wouldn't sign a deal, but he might have got us up. If Hoddle had played him up front then you never know, he might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back