• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Semedo has had his issues this season but probably been our most consistent defender for over a year.
Age, mostly. He's at his peak and he's being done no favors by the state of the club. If Chelsea comes in for him, hard to imagine he wouldn't jump at the opportunity, IMO.

Hope Hugo has a right foot if so

Age, mostly. He's at his peak and he's being done no favors by the state of the club. If Chelsea comes in for him, hard to imagine he wouldn't jump at the opportunity, IMO.
He's 28, we're not getting back what we paid, just don't see the point in letting him go.

28 is no age in modern football, its only been this season at 32 that Kyle Walker looks like he has lost a bit of pace, and he still looks quick. Semedo would excel at Chelsea, I still can't understand the hate he gets.

If we could line up a suitably talented younger player for less than Semedo would be sold for then I'd agree.

28 is no age in modern football, its only been this season at 32 that Kyle Walker looks like he has lost a bit of pace, and he still looks quick. Semedo would excel at Chelsea, I still can't understand the hate he gets.
Absolutely. Was he overpriced? A bit.
Could he be better in an attacking sense? A bit.
Is he a good defender? Imo yes.
Highly doubt we'd get anyone better for the money we'd get.

Lembikisa? I appreciate he's a year younger. Can't see it being the plan, but maybe a backup.

As for Semedo, he'll go if our DOF wants him to
You never know, if he progresses like Bueno he might.

Bueno was a level above Lembikisia is in the u21s, but as you say, Lembikisia is a year younger.

Possible I'm just cynical atm because we've seen him (Nelson) get beat in the air at the back post probably four times in last couple of starts.

Bolla's at Grasshoppers as well...no idea how he's progressing mind

Bolla is really highly rated and should qualify for work permit points when his current loan ends with a bit of luck.

In a similar vein, what loan players should we bring back in January to add to the squad (if we anticipate few new signings)? Coady can't be recalled by the sounds, so I'd go for Sanderson and Silva, maybe Cundle too. None are amazing options, but any suspension for any CBs, or a need to go 5 at the back, and you'd see Sanderson being used ahead of Toti IMO.

In a similar vein, what loan players should we bring back in January to add to the squad (if we anticipate few new signings)? Coady can't be recalled by the sounds, so I'd go for Sanderson and Silva, maybe Cundle too. None are amazing options, but any suspension for any CBs, or a need to go 5 at the back, and you'd see Sanderson being used ahead of Toti IMO.
We don't have a recall option on Fabio

I think a number of them we cannot recall. There's also the fact that it's probably better for someone like Cundle to continue getting regular first team football to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back