• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you're being terribly unreasonable, in fairness, but you can't say this with any degree of certainty.
But Alan the majority of members on here have been banging on, at length and with the greatest surety without any degree of certainty for weeks now. It's just a forum careering away based on masses of assumptions flavoured with some facts.

At least if we go down we have a handful of players on loan that look ready to step in, gut the current first team and hope to do a Burnley style reinvention with a new manager.
If we go down we’re never coming back.

Do NOT start with the ‘a season in the
Championship will do us the world of good’ bollocks.

I never said it would do us good. Loath as people will be to admit it we've actually done a passable job with the first parts of development for a change, the key is now either using those players (easier if we go down) or getting fees for them.

I never said it would do us good. Loath as people will be to admit it we've actually done a passable job with the first parts of development for a change, the key is now either using those players (easier if we go down) or getting fees for them.
There is no benefit to going down.

To even entertain the idea is ridiculous.

I don't believe @big mean bunny is suggesting there are benefits to going down? To me, it seems the suggestion is that IF we go down, despite a likely firesale, we have improved the development of the academy players, meaning a number of them will be experienced enough to step into the first team. Historically, that hasn't been the case.

Agreed, again I have not said that though. As a fan who doesn't attend games relegation would be a disaster from the point of view that it would effectively end my access. I need us to be top flight and had hoped for a nice 15 year spell minimum.

Edit:
LJ said it better than I have.

If we go down we’re never coming back.
It's things like this that make me half laugh and half do a double take. Why the ridiculous OTT negativity? It's bad enough that we're in such a bleak position but you manage to take it to ridiculous levels.

Was going to have some lunch in a mo, but I might not in case I choke to death on it.

It's things like this that make me half laugh and half do a double take. Why the ridiculous OTT negativity? It's bad enough that we're in such a bleak position but you manage to take it to ridiculous levels.

Was going to have some lunch in a mo, but I might not in case I choke to death on it.
West Brom we’re in a similar position to that which we were in a year ago a while back.

They ain’t never coming back for sure.

Never? Like literally, to the end of time?

Only there are clubs who have actually gone down, gone into administration, gone into League One for years and got back to the Premier League, which itself has only been extant for 30 years.

West Brom aren't in any recognisable way comparable to us. Completely different profile of signings/squad value, ownership (unless you want to go down the road of all the Chinese lads are the same, which I would advise you not to), fanbase, success in the Premier League, expectations etc etc etc.

I mean, it's a complicated one, isn't it? It's hard in my mind to not draw a direct line between the double relegations and Morgan giving the club up, which, if you extrapolate all the way out, means we never see the likes of Nuno, Moutinho, Neves, Jiminez, etc., at the club if we aren't so diabolically shit from 2011-2013.

Which is not to say I think it's particularly reasonable to assume `relegation == long term benefits`, but it absolutely can catalyze change within a club, IMO.

I mean, it's a complicated one, isn't it? It's hard in my mind to not draw a direct line between the double relegations and Morgan giving the club up, which, if you extrapolate all the way out, means we never see the likes of Nuno, Moutinho, Neves, Jiminez, etc., at the club if we aren't so diabolically shit from 2011-2013.

Which is not to say I think it's particularly reasonable to assume `relegation == long term benefits`, but it absolutely can catalyze change within a club, IMO.
We don't need to be relegated to enact change.

We should just be better run and that shouldn't be hard for a conglomerate to achieve...

I never get the argument on this. You can do everything you need to in the current division. Like what benefit is the championship? Don’t get it

I never get the argument on this. You can do everything you need to in the current division. Like what benefit is the championship? Don’t get it

Pub will be quieter....

Aside from that, er?

Be easier for legacy fans to get tickets, those thousands of South Koreans and Mexicans aren’t going to come over for a wet cold November Wednesday night match against Wigan

Agreed, again I have not said that though. As a fan who doesn't attend games relegation would be a disaster from the point of view that it would effectively end my access. I need us to be top flight and had hoped for a nice 15 year spell minimum.

Edit:
LJ said it better than I have.
SMH create a fake identity and fake bank card and use a VPN to buy our games abroad, where's the dedication :D (i may have done this)

There isn't an argument, there are people responding to it like I said that, and I didn't!

They need to hire a bloody manager so we can move on to reading old articles about them.

From the BBC Gossip page

Chelsea are considering a move for Wolves and Portugal defender Nelson Semedo, 28, to replace their injured England international Reece James, 22.(Express)

I love Nelson but I'd probably take a big loss on him relative to what we paid.

Man can't survive on eye candy alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back