• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no panicking about sacking Lage, it was six months overdue, minimum.

I wish we had 'panicked' and then we wouldn't have had to watch his shit football and waste an entire season.
I was one who thought he should have started the season, I was so wrong he should have gone

I think we can rest assured there will not be anymore "dodgy" signings in January. Any "readies" we have will have to go on getting someone in to manage the team I presume.

It wasn’t a suggestion- more an observation on binning him and keeping Lage.

They can explore the deal as much as they want, but the quicker they get to 50 million the quicker they can have him, none of this pissing about on loans like with Traore

If the £50m is reinvested it wouldn’t be the worst deal as I’ll be very surprised if any other funds will be available. Nunes can play deeper for a start - I know he could now but there seems a reluctance to do so.

I'd be demanding between £60-70m personally. £50m is cheap for a player like Neves nowadays.

If the £50m is reinvested it wouldn’t be the worst deal as I’ll be very surprised if any other funds will be available. Nunes can play deeper for a start - I know he could now but there seems a reluctance to do so.
The problem with that if the report is true is we need to spend the money before we've received it

The problem with that if the report is true is we need to spend the money before we've received it
That’s one problem, there will be plenty more but in principle £50m could give us a net improvement of the team. Equally the people in charge could spaff it on a Hwang and a Guedes.

That’s one problem, there will be plenty more but in principle £50m could give us a net improvement of the team. Equally the people in charge could spaff it on a Hwang and a Guedes.

Love your optimism.

Almost certainly spaff it on a Hwang and Guedes.

I hope we can call in a favour from Mendes (he bloody well owes us of late) and get him to punt Guedes on somewhere else for a small loss before anyone notices what a shit footballer he is. Just throw in that he's struggled to settle or he'd banked on playing for Title Winner Bruno Lage when he signed. Big up his goal tally from last season (the only time he has ever got more than 5 in any top division in his entire career).

I gave him the hilarious moniker of João Mason after his first couple of insipid games but he's actually far worse than that, pound for pound.

I doubt we'd even spend it to be honest. Unless we have a major, and quite frankly bizarre, upturn in performances and results, no decent Premier League level player will be looking to join Wolves in January. I don't believe our scouting network is up to identifying any hidden gems but I do think the reluctance to appoint a Mendes manager is a sign that the club are starting to get sick of wasting big piles of cash on his little black book of shite.

So, I suspect the vast majority of any Neves proceeds will be held onto, hopefully to re-invest next season, but most likely held to cushion the loss of revenue following relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back