• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem with him answering it but no need to blow smoke up their arse!

It's Barcelona.

Footballers and managers get stick when they're bland and say nothing, and they get stick when they speak their opinion. No wonder they all do that bullshit hand over the mouth thing when they chat on the pitch. Just look at the stick Sa got for joking with KdB the other week ffs. Fans are weird.

Sa 15
Jonny 3
Semedo 18
Kilman 25
Collins 25
Neves 20
Nunes 35
Traore B 12
Raul 5
Neto 25
Hwang 10
Kalidzic 12
Podence 15

Not much else. That makes about £200m. Parachute payments must be worth a bit. Touch and go whether a sell off of players and then take the money coming in and spending nothing is worth more than selling the club as a going concern. They certainly aren’t selling it for a reported £450m!

Sa 15
Jonny 3
Semedo 18
Kilman 25
Collins 25
Neves 20
Nunes 35
Traore B 12
Raul 5
Neto 25
Hwang 10
Kalidzic 12
Podence 15

Not much else. That makes about £200m. Parachute payments must be worth a bit. Touch and go whether a sell off of players and then take the money coming in and spending nothing is worth more than selling the club as a going concern. They certainly aren’t selling it for a reported £450m!
I doubt they'd get 10% of that £450m given the current situation.

Prospective buyers want to pay for solid structures and management teams. Well...erm

And selling Championship clubs for anything above £30m in the current climate would be nigh on impossible.

Bournemouth have just gone for £120m with a stadium they can't redevelop and an appalling squad.

There's no chance of £450m, but we'd be an attractive proposition to American owners given the brand and the state of the pound. Second Division European 'Super' League, here we come!

Bournemouth have just gone for £120m with a stadium they can't redevelop and an appalling squad.

There's no chance of £450m, but we'd be an attractive proposition to American owners given the brand and the state of the pound. Second Division European 'Super' League, here we come!
I admire your optimism

Usually the agenda is set by the DoF and Manager and the scouts/ analysts then go and look for players that fit the criteria.

The way you describe is early/ mid 2000 stuff and usually smaller clubs with a Chief Scout and manager.

Analysts are key at every level now. Not always used correctly but that's another story.
That's pretty much what I was trying to say

I think they'll take £100m for all of Neves, Neto, Nunes, RAN, Kilman and Semedo. Funnel it into their sports arm and out of the club. Transfer the rights to the logo.

Then put us into admin.
They have just spent £100m they are not going to sell the squad for that.

For some reason you have a downer on the owners who have given us the best time in 40 years.
I have no clue why?

For some reason you have a downer on the owners who have given us the best time in 40 years.
I have no clue why?
Disagree with Johnny if you want, but if you don't know why he feels the way he does then you've not been paying attention to him at all over the last few months.

Disagree with Johnny if you want, but if you don't know why he feels the way he does then you've not been paying attention to him at all over the last few months.
Some people revel in the negative.
1st the Scouse Mafia
Now it's Fosun, and Maguire knows for a fact we are up for sale.

We are open to investment that we know, We are unlikely to be up for sale.

Sale would have been last season, and way before Fosun spent £100m on players.

They made mistakes of that we all know, my issue with them is what Johnny Phillips touched on, there needs to be a Football CEO, and Shi to focus on bringing the Football, eSports, Music side all into one.

Fosun very much still see us as an integral part of the Fosun group, I think we will see changes at Board level fairly soon.

Fosun very much still see us as an integral part of the Fosun group, I think we will see changes at Board level fairly soon.
I don't think you're being terribly unreasonable, in fairness, but you can't say this with any degree of certainty.

I don't think you're being terribly unreasonable, in fairness, but you can't say this with any degree of certainty.
You can if you look at what's happened. If you see what is being said, they very much see the Wolves Brand (may be more than the team) as a way to increase the portfolio.

That's pissed a lot of Fans off, they think it should only be the football team, the eSports, Music etc will lift us to a stage where we are closer commercially to the big boys, it's probably the right time to do it as well, due to the way sport has changed over the previous few years.

You can if you look at what's happened. If you see what is being said, they very much see the Wolves Brand (may be more than the team) as a way to increase the portfolio.

That's pissed a lot of Fans off, they think it should only be the football team, the eSports, Music etc will lift us to a stage where we are closer commercially to the big boys, it's probably the right time to do it as well, due to the way sport has changed over the previous few years.
If you think I'm one of the band that said 'Scouse Mafia' or unhappy that Fosun bought us initially then you are completely wrong.

I've said in numerous occasions why I'm unhappy with the current owners and the set up over the last year.

Reactions: b3h

I have no clue why?
I think they might and I disagree with DW. I think they're at their end game.

Threw money at it: We overachieved.
Tightened the purse strings: We underachieved.
Got scared, threw a load of money at it: Still underachieving.
Panic. Sack Lage. Rethink, steady the ship, tread water.
January, see where we are.
Throw some money at it. Employ manager and buy 2 or 3 players.
Avoid relegation at all costs.
I don't think Fosun are going anywhere in the next few years.

There was no panicking about sacking Lage, it was six months overdue, minimum.

I wish we had 'panicked' and then we wouldn't have had to watch his shit football and waste an entire season.

There was no panicking about sacking Lage, it was six months overdue, minimum.

I wish we had 'panicked' and then we wouldn't have had to watch his shit football and waste an entire season.
We may have knew that. Maybe it took a while for it to sink in to the bosses and backtrack on their own bad decision, in employing him in the first place

Bear in mind, they could have carried the façade on for another five or six games 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back