• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope any deal with Barca is cash in full up front. I wouldn't hold my breath though knowing our management.

Yeah was just going to post what Malta has said, I'd not be trusting Barca with any form of longer term beneficial transfer deal given their finances, exiting the champs league and how they handled the De Jong stuff.

Yeah was just going to post what Malta has said, I'd not be trusting Barca with any form of longer term beneficial transfer deal given their finances, exiting the champs league and how they handled the De Jong stuff.

If Fosun are trying to sell us, they couldn't care less whether we actually get the money. If the deal is agreed it goes on the balance sheet and they'll hopefully be long gone by the time that becomes an issue.

With the rumors around Neves leaving in January, surely there is no price that makes it worth it to us?

We are pretty likely to go down based on the first 3rd of this season but with the right managerial appointment plus a couple of smart signings in January we might just be able to scrape safety. If Neves goes though we have had it. Our best player again today for me.

With the rumors around Neves leaving in January, surely there is no price that makes it worth it to us?

We are pretty likely to go down based on the first 3rd of this season but with the right managerial appointment plus a couple of smart signings in January we might just be able to scrape safety. If Neves goes though we have had it. Our best player again today for me.
Depends where we are at the end of the month. Multiple points adrift you take the extra millions those 6 months give you, In touch you don't. He cares, he'll stay if we want him to if he has a Summer guarantee

Depends where we are at the end of the month. Multiple points adrift you take the extra millions those 6 months give you, In touch you don't. He cares, he'll stay if we want him to if he has a Summer guarantee
I don't think we are going to be cut adrift to any extent. Not because I've got any faith that we will start winning. More because there are 7 teams running at 1 ppg or worse and 2 further teams within 2 points of it. He bottom half of the league is terrible.

We paid what £15-20 mill for neves, somebody comes in for double that, we’ll sell him, fosun will just see it as 100% profit, they’re an investment company.

We paid what £15-20 mill for neves, somebody comes in for double that, we’ll sell him, fosun will just see it as 100% profit, they’re an investment company.
I know the situation has changed somewhat, but haven't we explicitly knocked back bids of ~45m for him?

If we go down it will cost them a lot more than 30m. That's not a smart business decision as without Neves our chances of going down are miles higher.

Well, fuck me, then. Guess I've been hitting the reefer too hard.

Not that I am saying I want Neves sold, but I messaged my mate who is a Sporting fan about how Wolves fans are starting to see Nunes as a waste, he explained to me that he played in a 2CM 532/352 with them and had Paulinha pretty much screening and doing the work and Nunes job was to carry and break.

Given we paid so much for him and it doesn't look like him and Neves really work together (at least not so far) it made me wonder if someone coming in might look to move Neves on if the money was promised for immediate use.

My mate sent me this link with the comment to watch the 2nd and 3rd goal, it is starting to feel like we bought what we had ID'd as a talented player with no clear plan how to use them, made worse that as many said in the match thread we look like we need a 10 and don't have that.

If we go down it will cost them a lot more than 30m. That's not a smart business decision as without Neves our chances of going down are miles higher.
Jeffs in charge, smart business decisions don’t seem to be his forte

At least if we go down we have a handful of players on loan that look ready to step in, gut the current first team and hope to do a Burnley style reinvention with a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back