• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing how all the twitter comments about ‘rising above it’ and ‘turning the other cheek’ are all from white men.

the only way around it is a salary cap. Thats turning the clock back a bit! It would level the playing field. Great players would then get individual endorsements etc that bolster their income but are not within the club structure. I dont know enough about it to know if it will work. But the football clubs now world wide bear no resemblemce to te clubs of 35 years ago.

Man City could effectively jaunt around the world playing lurcrative freindlies for two years. Or even the top 10 clubs inj the world in money terms tell uefa to do one and form their own league. UEFA is fughting for its existence on this I think.

Let me guess the top clubs in the world would include Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man United, Liverpool Spurs , Chelsea, PSG,Bayern Munich Arsenal, Athletico Madrid Juventus, Inter Milan. Thats a decent league already.

I wouldn't say I know him, but our paths have crossed a few times as he helps out at grassroots level a fair amount with awards evenings etc and I sometimes drink in the same pub.This will damage him locally more than just losing his summarising job.

If he left the word black out of his sentence his statement holds as I believe there is a general sense that some of the younger players have got a bit too big for their boots, which if you see how some of the older ones behaved in the drink driving incident is hardly a surprise. The fact that he, presumably subconsciously, added that word is a better example of ingrained prejudice than some of the stuff Alan comes up with.

If only it was truly as obvious as that most of the time.

Looks like Spurs have lost Son for quite a few weeks. Fractured his arm in the early stages of their game v Villa and will be having surgery on it this week

So probably a good chance he misses the game against us?

So probably a good chance he misses the game against us?

From Spurs

"Following surgery, our medical staff shall be reviewing management options for Son’s rehabilitation with the player expected to be sidelined for a number of weeks."

He is missing our game for sure

Stupid as it is. There’s probably a strong chance we will get more points from Spurs and West Ham away than Norwich and Brighton at home

Athletic saying 6-8 weeks out for Son so definitely out of our game.

Stupid as it is. There’s probably a strong chance we will get more points from Spurs and West Ham away than Norwich and Brighton at home

I'm sure cyber is on it already with his superstitious nonsense

Ole has blamed the poor condition of the pitch and ball for Utd's result last night!

At least I know how they got done by a long punt down the middle, clearly Brugge were using one of those 99p plastic balls and it was a bit windy. Absolutely nothing to do with shite defending and their keeper going walkabout as I first thought

Ryan Babel last night.... fucking hilarious... about time someone took the piss out of cheating cunts.

Blimey

The ex of Darren Randolph has accused him of domestic abuse. What's more is shes accused Middlesbrough of trying to silence her, first with legal letters and then paying her to go away back to the United States.

Very messy and it's going to drag Boro's name through the mud.

https://instagram.com/brazilyoga?igshid=1xb979jfoj1p

Click on her profile picture for the instagram story

Matches in Italy postponed because of Coronavirus

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51599748

Is it a concern in the UK? There are three confirmed cases here in San Antonio, but they are Americans brought back from China and in quarantine on a military base. So people are not unduly worried (despite quarantine breaches).

Reading the Swiss Ramble thread on Man City and FFP just highlights how pointless the whole situation is.

There’s creative accounting everywhere, people getting bumper sponsorship deals from companies the owners have ties with. Brown envelopes everywhere.

FFP isn’t fit for purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back