• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell

Everton's financial headlines at their AGM are AWFUL. Also note these are for thirteen months rather than a calendar year because they wanted to include the extra month with the idea of tidying up player contract end dates and renegotiations.

£188M revenue (so less than us by the estimate in Deloitte this morning)
Of this £43m is commercial revenue. Hardly a huge amount, and this indicates how utterly reliant they are on the TV money.

£160M Wage Bill. 85% of turnover. Ouch.

Net debt reduced from £66m to £9m. Well done Everton, that's good news...until...

Loss before tax has gone from £13M to £122M. Hmmm - I think I can see how you paid that debt back. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul

Shareholder loans have increased from £250M to £350M. Fuck me.

So you borrowed £100M off the owner, reduced some debt, and still had to declare a loss £99M bigger than last year, even with good revenue figures.

But hey, at least Usmanov has spannered £30m their way for an option to put his name on the roof of their new fantasy stadium that they seem to be struggling to afford.

One last thing on this.

Everton have to make a PROFIT of £30M minimum in their next accounts or they are in breach of FFP.

Not looking great. Amazing what spaffing hyper-millions on utter shit does to the bottom line.

And what if Moshi-La gets pissed off and calls that £350m loan in? DESTINATION FUCKED.

So Carlo not getting a big bag of cash to spend in the window then

Niasse, Tosun and Kean. Cost about £70m between them, one chucked out on loan, another has played six league games in the last season and a half and the other one hasn't scored a single goal.

Bloody hell

Everton's financial headlines at their AGM are AWFUL. Also note these are for thirteen months rather than a calendar year because they wanted to include the extra month with the idea of tidying up player contract end dates and renegotiations.

£188M revenue (so less than us by the estimate in Deloitte this morning)
Of this £43m is commercial revenue. Hardly a huge amount, and this indicates how utterly reliant they are on the TV money.

£160M Wage Bill. 85% of turnover. Ouch.

Net debt reduced from £66m to £9m. Well done Everton, that's good news...until...

Loss before tax has gone from £13M to £122M. Hmmm - I think I can see how you paid that debt back. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul

Shareholder loans have increased from £250M to £350M. Fuck me.

So you borrowed £100M off the owner, reduced some debt, and still had to declare a loss £99M bigger than last year, even with good revenue figures.

But hey, at least Usmanov has spannered £30m their way for an option to put his name on the roof of their new fantasy stadium that they seem to be struggling to afford.

This has Everton above Wolves in the Deloitte ranking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51092320

Was going to watch the Spurs/Boro game but the weather conditions down here mean that the signal breaks up every few seconds (which is weird as it's fairly calm now compared to what it was like a couple of hours ago).

Will give it 10 mins (though Spurs have scored after 2 so possibly only one way anyway)

Their TV share will drop on the revenue side as well unless they start pushing up that table.

It's a financial clusterfuck.

And £30m as an option to name something that may exist, but they cannot afford to build is really fucking weird.

Arsenal have appealed the Aubameyang red. How do they expect to win that when VAR gave the decision? It's already in effect been reviewed.

Because Meyer faked his ankle bending at that hideous angle.

Chuck an extra game on the ban.

Has to be considered a frivolous appeal, so should get an extra game added.

Arsenal have appealed the Aubameyang red. How do they expect to win that when VAR gave the decision? It's already in effect been reviewed.

Guess they are going for 1 Ref said no and 1 ref said yes so over to the panel for the deciding vote.

Aubameyang-red-card-Arsenal-Palace.jpg

Good luck with that one.

Looks fair to me, back to the yellow initially given

Ouch. I may have been wrong when trying to argue that one in the pub on Saturday.

I wouldn't worry, highly unlikely you're ever going to be the most wrong person in there.

Should double the ban for taking the piss. I have no idea how it took 3 mins to make that decision either. One replay - oh shit that’s bad, he’s got to go ref.

What did they achieve staring at the same replay repeatedly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back