• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

It means exactly what he said: we might be done, but wouldn't rule out further developments.

If he went hard one way or the other and then was wrong, you'd give him just as much stick. Puts him in a no-win situation where anything he says that isn't a commitment is also wrong.

Anyone with no knowledge, at any point of the transfer window can say we might or might not be done. There is no information, no insight, nothing of interest in that statement.

Call up The Athletic and let them know to only hire psychics from now on, I suppose.

It means exactly what he said: we might be done, but wouldn't rule out further developments.

If he went hard one way or the other and then was wrong, you'd give him just as much stick. Puts him in a no-win situation where anything he says that isn't a commitment is also wrong.

I could say that though. What extra value does he add?

And if he's actually reporting the stance of the club, that doesn't have value?

You're asking for an impossible standard in which he has access to information that the club patently wouldn't want to be reported on publicly.

You're asking for an impossible standard in which he has access to information that the club patently wouldn't want to be reported on publicly.

I agree, Alan.

Tim has, and always will, get a silly amount of stick on here. He’s alright.

He presents himself as if he knows things he does not - this then leads to him having to indefinitely hedge until he gets definitive confirmation of something - by which point it's normally out somewhere else anyway.

Presumably part of his remit for being picked up by the Athletic was that he had an inside line, so he has to maintain the facade. He does get some unfair stick but I'm not having this impossible standard thing - he has put himself in this position.

'We might sign players, we might not' is a nothing statement. May as well tell us his favourite colour. Nice work if you can get it.

'We might sign players, we might not' is a nothing statement. May as well tell us his favourite colour. Nice work if you can get it.

Yep, someone adding value here would have a good enough rapport with the club, or a network of other connections, to be fed titbits about whether we are definitively done or still in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, someone adding value here would have a good enough rapport with the club, or a network of other connections, to be fed titbits about whether we are definitively done or still in the market.

But what if the club don’t know themselves? What’s he supposed to say?

I really don’t get the incessant need to criticise him on here. The club are happy with the squad they have, but if the right deal falls in their lap, they’ll take it. The bloke clearly has contacts within the club - he never mentions a name unless he’s certain. Not sure what else you want from him.

Cheers Louie, good stuff.

He does that spin with the ball too often for my liking.

Haha, I was thinking exactly the same thing...although he looks good with a drive going forward

"we're done unless the right deal comes along"

Is NOT the same as:

"we might do some business, we might not".

The first one insists they are happy with the squad unless something falls in their lap. The second has no information either way.

"we're done unless the right deal comes along"

Is NOT the same as:

"we might do some business, we might not".

The first one insists they are happy with the squad unless something falls in their lap. The second has no information either way.

I’ve seen him say the first sentence a few times, but not the second one.

Besides, ‘tomatoes/tomatoes’. Who cares?

But what if the club don’t know themselves? What’s he supposed to say?

I really don’t get the incessant need to criticise him on here. The club are happy with the squad they have, but if the right deal falls in their lap, they’ll take it. The bloke clearly has contacts within the club - he never mentions a name unless he’s certain. Not sure what else you want from him.

What is the right deal? What might sway them? What area of the squad would they be open to a late deal? A little insight over and above what you or I could write.

What is the right deal? What might sway them? What area of the squad would they be open to a late deal? A little insight over and above what you or I could write.

But then he's weakening the club's bargaining position. "We might be in for a CB if the right deal comes up." Awesome, think the club with a CB. Wolves need one - let's put the price up.
I'm with Jinky, I'm completely bemused by the need to criticise him. In between Spiers, Nash, Percy and a couple of others, the info comes out sooner or later.

But then he's weakening the club's bargaining position. "We might be in for a CB if the right deal comes up." Awesome, think the club with a CB. Wolves need one - let's put the price up.
I'm with Jinky, I'm completely bemused by the need to criticise him. In between Spiers, Nash, Percy and a couple of others, the info comes out sooner or later.

You’re not weakening your position at all by suggesting you might be in the market for a CB - if you were clearly desperately searching for one, you would. Apparent indifference does not affect your negotiating strength.

Back