• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph

#Wolves will now open talks with Adama Traoré over a new deal after Raúl Jiménez signed a 4-year extension. Rayan Aït-Nouri is flying into England today to sign on loan from Angers. Wolves have an option to sign Aït-Nouri, 19, permanently for €20m #wwfc

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph

#Wolves will now open talks with Adama Traoré over a new deal after Raúl Jiménez signed a 4-year extension. Rayan Aït-Nouri is flying into England today to sign on loan from Angers. Wolves have an option to sign Aït-Nouri, 19, permanently for €20m #wwfc

Brilliant news. And then Ruben Neves next

I think you always have to see a player in action for a while tbf. Take Doc and Semedo. It's fair to presume Semedo, a Barcelona first teamer, will easily outstrip a lad from the Irish league. But Doc did well for us under Nuno, and there are plenty of players with names and reputations that flop in the PL or just don't fit into certain teams.

Having said that, I think on paper it's very promising, and I'm optimistic that it will really rejuvenate those pivotal areas of the team for us.

If the plan is Semedo and Ait-Nouri with Hoever and Marcal pushing strongly to start and Jonny still to come back, it looks very exciting. Good mix of youth and experience too

Easily your best post. Well done.

Brilliant news about Raul and Traore. As said above, Neves next.

Amazing news! Genuinely one of the most complete centre forwards in Europe and he's ours.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Timmy II confirming the £22.5m fee if Olympiakos want to sign Rubes Jnr next Summer

Incredible business if they go for that.

Well, down to the kid to have a blinder of a season in Greece.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/super-league/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GR1

This may be inaccurate or I may be misreading it but according to this the record transfer fee paid by a Greek club is £13m. Seems unlikely that would be smashed by some £10m for Vinagre! Still, if he does well enough hopefully someone else can come in for him, either way we’ll make money on him.

As others have said, only needed to watch the first 20 minutes of the Angers game last night to see this is a great swap, which it essentially is.

You'd imagine Vinagre will look good in the Greek league.

Spiers seems pretty definitive that Ait-Nouri is us done for the window. No sign of Lemar/Palhinha/Idrissi et al.

Spiers seems pretty definitive that Ait-Nouri is us done for the window. No sign of Lemar/Palhinha/Idrissi et al.
Makes sense as well.

There's no need to sign Palhinha unless someone like Dendoncker or Saïss is going and I'm not sure he'd be an improvement on either of them.

Lemar I don't think was ever an option tbh.

I thought that would be the case too. I would really like a centre back though and if we're not looking at it now i really do think we should be looking at it in January and definitely next summer.

I thought that would be the case too. I would really like a centre back though and if we're not looking at it now i really do think we should be looking at it in January and definitely next summer.
According to Lyon fans Marçal's best position is LCB. Could be that he moves there if Aït-Nouri makes the LWB spot his own. I've never seen Aït-Nouri play but the reaction of French fans online suggests that we've underpaid by about £20-25M so you'd think he would...

The supposed ITK on the Mix reckons Palhinha is all but done, just medical to do. His Covid isolation is now over and some clause has now expired so he can move.

He's only managed to spawn Ait-Nouri correct so far though, so..... bucket of salt.

Back