• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

The Mail seems to think the fee for RAN will be 13.5m(!) - seems he might be out of contract soon which tbh I hadn't at all realised. Makes the move more plausible at least.

-edit- to be clear the (!) is that the price is that low - less than one full Doc :icon_razz: It also makes me wonder if the 25m number that the Greek press have been throwing around for Vinagre might actually be real.

If it is, and we really did sign him for 2m or thereabouts, that's a 12.5x (!!!) return on our investment, and signing his replacement - who might well already be a better player - for just over half the price.

Please manage my ISA for me Jeff

I could see us still keeping the 3-4-3. My defence listed above, Neves and Dendoncker in midfield and then Podence and Neto with licence to swap sides around Raul.

Leaves the bench as Ruddy/Sondegaard Saiss Moutinho Traore Vitinha Fabio and Marcal.

Sexual.

Last edited:
Apologies if it's already been stated, but is this a certainty now or still in the speculation realms? I'm firmly in the 'I'll believe it when the club announce it camp'!

Very high chance of it happening. Angers manager has conceded he's going.

I would still like us to sign another keeper, sadly I can't trust Ruddy any more. Doesn't need to be anything flash.

Sondegaard is thought of pretty highly though. Maybe we want to see how he develops?

You wouldn't go throwing him into the Premier League right now.

I would still like us to sign another keeper, sadly I can't trust Ruddy any more. Doesn't need to be anything flash.

I agree, it's quite a tough gig to fill though.

It's someone who may never even play, but if Rui is out for any length of time we'll bloody know about it...

Unfortunately I didn't get to see him in action last night, but he certainly impressed those who did

I saw bits of it, looked good going forward, seemed quite an intelligent footballer, got caught up field a few times and didn't exactly bust a gut to get back but maybe I was expecting too much, anyway Nuno will sort out his defensive skills if necessary

Rudster is here until January. Essentially threw his chance of games away the other week though.

Amazed he decided to stay with us to be honest and not playing any actual games will harm him. His 2 performances that closed his season last time around were fine (v Man Utd, infact the replay he had a very good game) but playing every now and again just means he is more liable to make a fuck up or let in a soft goal. Being the sub keeper when you have a proper established Number 1 is a tough gig, he needs to play or become a Chelsea/Manc City 3rd choice and enjoy the free time.

I’m still hoping for -

Nouri—Marcal—Coady—Boly—Semedo

Get it clicking going forward with Podence, Raul etc and all of a sudden that’s a different animal from the side taken apart by West Ham.
Agree with that back 5. Both Nouri and Semedo would have experience behind them.

And if Marcal played LCB in a CL Semi-final he must be decent there.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see him in action last night, but he certainly impressed those who did

I watched 35 minutes of it, Prawn, before the wife decided Gardeners' World was more important than scouting a new player. You could almost instantly see that he was ahead of Vinagre. Looked quick, intelligent and very capable of beating a man. My only worry about him would be that he is very slight. Then again, he brushed past a big unit from PSG as though he wasn't there.

AS per Jinky's defence above - Semedo - KJH - Coady - Marcal - RAN it would be really exciting going forward and playing out from the back, but it would worry me defending corners/free kicks/headers

Agree with that back 5. Both Nouri and Semedo would have experience behind them.

And if Marcal played LCB in a CL Semi-final he must be decent there.

Jesse Lingaard played central midfield in a world cup semi final! Not that I'm against Marcal at centre back, the reports for lyon are good. But the CL semi final thing isn't necessarily an indicator of much tbf.

Rudster is here until January. Essentially threw his chance of games away the other week though.

Amazed he decided to stay with us to be honest and not playing any actual games will harm him. His 2 performances that closed his season last time around were fine (v Man Utd, infact the replay he had a very good game) but playing every now and again just means he is more liable to make a fuck up or let in a soft goal. Being the sub keeper when you have a proper established Number 1 is a tough gig, he needs to play or become a Chelsea/Manc City 3rd choice and enjoy the free time.

He’s probably on double (or triple) what he’d be on in championship. And now it’s probably hard to turn that money down given he’d have to move and have to play for some average team rather than a top end one.

Think he’s probably accepted his career is over but can make a solid wedge being back up.

I watched 35 minutes of it, Prawn, before the wife decided Gardeners' World was more important than scouting a new player. You could almost instantly see that he was ahead of Vinagre. Looked quick, intelligent and very capable of beating a man. My only worry about him would be that he is very slight. Then again, he brushed past a big unit from PSG as though he wasn't there.

AS per Jinky's defence above - Semedo - KJH - Coady - Marcal - RAN it would be really exciting going forward and playing out from the back, but it would worry me defending corners/free kicks/headers

Yeah, I think Hoever and Marcal are only around 5'10"? Donk's size will be vital then

Hoever is the same height as Nathan Aké, I don't have any concerns there.

Hoever as RCB would be exciting with Boly back over on his preferred left. I thought KJH had a good game against the Hammers, and I don't think we will have paid £13m for a reserve.

As we mainly defend set pieces zonally rather than man to man, the height of the centre half is less important. Even when we have games like Sunday, it's the physicality rather than the height we struggle with

Hoever as RCB would be exciting with Boly back over on his preferred left. I thought KJH had a good game against the Hammers, and I don't think we will have paid £13m for a reserve.
Paid £35m for one. [emoji2369]

Back