• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Also re the game tonight it's worth some context that Angers are bang average and PSG are miles above them. He'll be playing with significantly better players if he comes here - for one thing he'll have Raul to aim for and not the lump they have up top at the moment

-edit- re the 2 games thing he was a regular starter until he got his jaw broken in Jan - understandably was out for a while after that - then Ligue 1 got suspended

Like you, I've only watched the first half, and he's had a lot of space, but how many passes did he misplace? One? I thought he was excellent and if he goes to Valencia I'll be miffed. He's only a slip of a lad though, and I think the commentator said he'd only started 2 games for Angers this year, but I was very impressed. Way better than Vinagre

He broke his jaw in January or would have started every game.

In fairness to Tim Spiers, he's much improved. He's only in his 20s (I guess) so his writing style is still improving. He meets deadlines - clearly - he makes a full time living out of it and he's a long way from the worst journalist on the planet.

I would say the standard on The Athletic is variable, from top class to absolute shite (I'm looking at you, Carl Anka) and Timbolina is towards the bottom end of that scale. He's got that Stearman thing at the moment where because his replacement is so obviously rubbish, people think he was good. No, he wasn't.

Mind you anyone who works for the E&S has to mislay their moral compass at some point.

Thanks - didn't know that. You can absolutely see why top clubs want him

Same again in the second half, he’s pure class. Sticks outline a sore thumb in a very shite team. Can’t wait to see him playing for us.

Presumably Uncle Jorge might be able to help smooth things over, if we really are interested.

Maybe he is, if the talk of €25m for Vinagre is right. The money/favour swapping all over the shop probably makes the the value of any individual deal almost irrelevant. It's quite unsavoury really, but it's our world I guess.

Same again in the second half, he’s pure class. Sticks outline a sore thumb in a very shite team. Can’t wait to see him playing for us.

I’ve only just turned it on and he looks great.

I would say the standard on The Athletic is variable, from top class to absolute shite (I'm looking at you, Carl Anka) and Timbolina is towards the bottom end of that scale. He's got that Stearman thing at the moment where because his replacement is so obviously rubbish, people think he was good. No, he wasn't.

Mind you anyone who works for the E&S has to mislay their moral compass at some point.

I noticed Carl Anka has gone from reporting on Southampton to Man Utd?!

I didn't renew my subscription. Might if it is still available on the £1 a month offer

I noticed Carl Anka has gone from reporting on Southampton to Man Utd?!

I didn't renew my subscription. Might if it is still available on the £1 a month offer

I renewed this week using DW’s trick to get it for £1 a month for a year.

I need to cancel the Athletic subs, its only £1 a month but I don't use it as it doesn't cover any of the sports that I follow other than football and I've not much interest in teams other than Wolves and that means having to read Tim's output.

I understand that he's made a career in journalism and fair play to him, but Garth Crooks has managed to forge a career as a football pundit it doesn't mean I have to respect him or enjoy his output.

Maybe he is, if the talk of €25m for Vinagre is right. The money/favour swapping all over the shop probably makes the the value of any individual deal almost irrelevant. It's quite unsavoury really, but it's our world I guess.

The Vinagre fee is either a) bullshit b) mendes money laundering c) a high fee just in case he actually does OK. Now with it being an “option”, they can just refuse to pay it and negotiate their own fee if they want to keep him but he hasn’t pulled up trees to justify such an outlay.

It’s probably more likely a) or b) though.

Good spot YW

Stéphane Moulin on Ait-Nouri leaving for Wolverhampton: “I wish him good luck. I am a little moved. He is a talented boy who is leaving us after Santamaria. (...) He has come a long way. I'm a little sad to lose him (...) and proud of him »#PSGSCO

What does this mean from Ruben?
d03594c36e4691a8c13064b7deebf8a9.jpg

Back