• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Funny, you don't see a foul throw for years then four come along at once :)

Can't remember if it was last season or the one before but we played Man City and I think Doc managed 2 foul throws and then Mendy joined the party with a couple

He's a cracking impact sub when opposition get tired but Neto and Podence are streets ahead with these new tactics at the moment.

We talk about Vinagre being a scapegoat based on people's prejudices, but boy does this forum overrate what Neto and Pod have done at Wolves so far. And I like both of them, but I'm not sure what proof there is for this comment after three league games (and Pod didn't even play them all), two of which we've lost.

Adama has mainly been poor because he has had to play RWB after the Doherty sale

Not really, we've played four games, two of them he's played where he's supposed to play and he's been total wank.

You don't need to make excuses for him.

We talk about Vinagre being a scapegoat based on people's prejudices, but boy does this forum overrate what Neto and Pod have done at Wolves so far. And I like both of them, but I'm not sure what proof there is for this comment after three league games (and Pod didn't even play them all), two of which we've lost.

If you cannot see that Podence is a great fit for our team, and an extremely talented footballer, then there is no hope for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, we've played four games, two of them he's played where he's supposed to play and he's been total wank.

You don't need to make excuses for him.

So the league cup counts when we're talking about Adama, otherwise no one cares about it? :icon_wink:

I'd say he absolutely was a problem against City.

And yes Prawn, when it suits my agenda :D

haha, yeah we have been below par as a team also...who has been really good then? Apart from Rui?

Angers-PSG is on BT tonight incidentally...it sounds like Ait-Nouri might play for those interested. If he's on the bench or left out then that would certainly indicate this is nearly done.

Angers-PSG is on BT tonight incidentally...it sounds like Ait-Nouri might play for those interested. If he's on the bench or left out then that would certainly indicate this is nearly done.
French outlets split on what will happen. Some think he will play then leave for the UK others think he will just be saying his goodbyes and watch from the stands.

If you cannot see that Podence is a great fit for our team, and an extremely talented footballer, then there is no hope for you!

No need to couch it in such evangelical terms, I have eyes and I think he could be a top player for us, but he hasn't played enough games for us to have hit a dip in form yet.

There's a lot of good will, talk of potential and a desire to ease the Jota move that's behind a lot of the overestimation of what he's actually done. He's done well, I like him, he's got an assist a game, which is great. But no one has either played enough this season or performed well enough to be streets ahead of anyone else. I'd expect these kind of conversations around December!

Adama is an extremely talented footballer too, that's why teams double/triple up on him.

Podence has two assists in two games tbf. Although he should have scored at least one goal so far.

Adama hasn't done anything which is why he's getting some very lukewarm stick.

No need to couch it in such evangelical terms, I have eyes and I think he could be a top player for us, but he hasn't played enough games for us to have hit a dip in form yet.

There's a lot of good will, talk of potential and a desire to ease the Jota move that's behind a lot of the overestimation of what he's actually done. He's done well, I like him, he's got an assist a game, which is great. But no one has either played enough this season or performed well enough to be streets ahead of anyone else. I'd expect these kind of conversations around December!

Adama is an extremely talented footballer too, that's why teams double/triple up on him.

Adama is an extremely talented athlete yet lacks the instinct for team football - I also would have preferred to have kept Jota and lost Adama.

Adama is an extremely talented athlete yet lacks the instinct for team football - I also would have preferred to keep Jota and lost Adama.

Fortunately, it’s Nuno that makes the decisions, and he probably has a better view than you....

Fortunately, it’s Nuno that makes the decisions, and he probably has a better view than you....

Let’s close all threads, and just follow what Nuno decides without comment then....

Podence has two assists in two games tbf. Although he should have scored at least one goal so far.

Adama hasn't done anything which is why he's getting some very lukewarm stick.

Sure, I mentioned the assists.

The stick isn't vitriolic, but a lot of it revolves around benching and / or selling him, so it's pretty damning!

I just don't think 3 games, where we've been crap for half of them, and with the team transition we've had too, is enough to say anyone has been streets ahead or behind of anyone else. Only Rui has been really steady. Adama hasn't been much worse than Moutinho tbf

Let’s close all threads, and just follow what Nuno decides without comment then....

I think there are a lot of situations where people should probably think “whose opinion probably holds more weight in this situation - best manager of most of our lifetimes, sees the players every day in training, has all the data we’ve collected, knows what the players are looking for, or random doofus from the internet....”

I genuinely think there would be less moronic posts. The world would be a better place.

If it was dean saunders in charge, then have at it, but Nuno?

I think there are a lot of situations where people should probably think “whose opinion probably holds more weight in this situation - best manager of most of our lifetimes, sees the players every day in training, has all the data we’ve collected, knows what the players are looking for, or random doofus from the internet....”

I genuinely think there would be less moronic posts. The world would be a better place.

If it was dean saunders in charge, then have at it, but Nuno?

He is not infallible despite getting so much right.

Back