• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Perdomai in view of a fart is excuse me, hi hi and you can't wait to shout cypro at me, ha ha ha

Traore’s kind of gone back into to full winger mode and we only ever have Raul in the box so it doesn’t really work. He had that spell last year where he was running centrally and shooting quite well from outside the box and I thought he’d really kick on but hasn’t quite.

I think nuno has changes in mind and for me he gets the first six or seven games , without pre season as a gimme.
As for all this talk of fosun being a "business", next year maybe , right now they are simply backing nuno, but obviously keeping one eye on the economics.
So far, as far as me and the cypro can work out, they have broken about even!

I get the Jota sale, but if I had to pick one out of the two to cash in on then it would have been Adama.

He's started appallingly this season, really. Awful vs Sheff Utd until we put him up top where he looked ok (he doesn't, normally). Crap vs Stoke in his proper position. Disgraceful attitude if nothing else vs City and partially culpable for the second goal, did alright in the last half hour. Terrible vs West Ham and lucky to last an hour, liability.

We need more from him.

I get the Jota sale, but if I had to pick one out of the two to cash in on then it would have been Adama.

He's started appallingly this season, really. Awful vs Sheff Utd until we put him up top where he looked ok (he doesn't, normally). Crap vs Stoke in his proper position. Disgraceful attitude if nothing else vs City and partially culpable for the second goal, did alright in the last half hour. Terrible vs West Ham and lucky to last an hour, liability.

We need more from him.

Traore's problem is he reverts to running to the byline and crossing it in which we just don't ask our forward players to do (and if we do, Neto and Podence don't do it). Baffles me when he looks so threatening running through the middle and that's where most of his good work comes from - it's almost like he has a tactical brain fart.

I think we'll see a similar cycle from him as last season.

He'll drop to the bench, come off it and create/be involved in a couple of goals over 2 or 3 games, then everyone will start to shout for him to start, and then he will stop being creative again and we'll see him and Semedo "bottlenecking" our right hand side, and then he ends up going back to the bench.

I think we'll see a similar cycle from him as last season.

He'll drop to the bench, come off it and create/be involved in a couple of goals over 2 or 3 games, then everyone will start to shout for him to start, and then he will stop being creative again and we'll see him and Semedo "bottlenecking" our right hand side, and then he ends up going back to the bench.

He's a cracking impact sub when opposition get tired but Neto and Podence are streets ahead with these new tactics at the moment.

You also have to bear in mind he started the season at right wing back, which isn’t his best position, so all this negativity is really based on one game where we got stuffed due to being awful as a team, and a cup match where the opposition played nine in defence.

Massive over reaction imo.

He's a cracking impact sub when opposition get tired but Neto and Podence are streets ahead with these new tactics at the moment.

Agreed.

And what we are finding is sides are setting up their defence purely to deal with him, West Ham effectively played with 2 LBs, other sides have doubled and trebled up on him.

When we bring him on after an hour it's a hell of a lot more difficult to adapt their defences to cope with him as it is from the start.

Meh, I don't judge him for the RWB games but his persistence to run to the byline and cross it vs West Ham did annoy me greatly. It also makes it much easier to stick 2-3 players on him when he hugs the sideline.

You also have to bear in mind he started the season at right wing back, which isn’t his best position, so all this negativity is really based on one game where we got stuffed due to being awful as a team, and a cup match where the opposition played nine in defence.

Massive over reaction imo.

If he's asked to play at RWB then he needs to try, which he didn't vs City.

And regardless of where he's playing, running the ball straight out of play and bollocking passes ten yards wide of a centre half isn't really on, as he did vs Sheff Utd.

We know what he can do, he's not been very good so far though. I say he needs to go back to the 'fro, that was peak assist territory.

Agreed.

And what we are finding is sides are setting up their defence purely to deal with him, West Ham effectively played with 2 LBs, other sides have doubled and trebled up on him.

When we bring him on after an hour it's a hell of a lot more difficult to adapt their defences to cope with him as it is from the start.

It's easy to double on him when he stays glued to the line on one side. Nuno must want to slam his head against a brick wall on the regular as when he's playing centrally and drifting in pockets he is impossible to mark - that's when he gets 1v1 with centre-halves and we're in terrifying territory. I think part of it is being a confidence player, too.

And regardless of where he's playing, running the ball straight out of play and bollocking passes ten yards wide of a centre half isn't really on, as he did vs Sheff Utd.

You forgot the not one, but TWO foul throws!!! Absolute criminal (Marcal did one too, and a Sheff U player, 4 foul throws in one half, I was sick, sick!!!!)

Week's fine for that, man. Unless it slips out of your hands then a foul throw is just ridiculous.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we played him narrower so the wing backs can overlap, or even as an attacking midfielder so we could give him the ball facing their goal and let him run.

That would take coaching time though, and we’ve not had much of that yet this year with the recruitment going on, so I’d expect to see improvement by the end of October - but not just in Adama, in all of them.

I agree with Deutsch though, it could be that he’s lost the fro and gone for the tache that’s done him....

You forgot the not one, but TWO foul throws!!! Absolute criminal (Marcal did one too, and a Sheff U player, 4 foul throws in one half, I was sick, sick!!!!)

Funny, you don't see a foul throw for years then four come along at once :)

Back