• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Know naff all about him, but hope Marcal is fit for Fulham!

Shame as you always want players to do well, but even some of the match day comments on here bore no correlation to what was happening on the pitch, I think people just decide who they don't want and then their vision is geared to that .

I think scientifically it's called Andy Keogh syndrome

Happens all the time - same is true with Adama, even after how well he’s done for us. Half a duff game and he’s awful, screws up our system, should be sold, etc etc.

It's more that people incessantly have a go at him even when he isn't the problem.

Loads of comments on the West Ham verdict thread (so not even heat of the moment or whatever the excuse is supposed to be) about him and how on earth you could watch that game and decide he was the problem is beyond me. Boly, Coady, Saiss, Raul and Adama were all miles worse than him on the day.

To his credit, I think he's one of those players that sees the ball a hell of a lot, and when he then tries something that doesn't come off, or passes back at the 'wrong time', he stands out in people's minds. I agree all those you mention were worse, Neto also ran down as many blind alleys, although his electric run in the first half made up for it

Happens all the time - same is true with Adama, even after how well he’s done for us. Half a duff game and he’s awful, screws up our system, should be sold, etc etc.

To be fair he's an attacking player who hasn't scored a league goal in nearly a year. I'd say he gets off pretty lightly.

This is my point, everyone does this about different players. Including Paul and DW.

Just because some meatheads at a match are idiots to Vinagre, doesn't mean any of us have to cut him extra slack on here

I like Vinagre, I think he’s improved defensively (and not as much offensively as I’d have hoped), but he can still go a Long way with his career - but he needs games at the moment or he’ll regress.

This feels like a good move for him, I hope he does really well.

Thrilled with Ait Nouri too, sounds like the right quality to do really well this season and then probably get a big fee next year or the year after, winners all round.

There aren't many of the current lot I can't stand :D In fact not any. Adama can be a complete airhead sometimes and a downright detriment to the team at others, but obviously he brings us a lot too (except goals, lolz).

No-one in the Doherty/Stearman bracket let alone the Olofinjana/Mo Camara/Gibson/Mason/Mancienne/Corica compost heap.

I like Vinagre, I think he’s improved defensively (and not as much offensively as I’d have hoped), but he can still go a Long way with his career - but he needs games at the moment or he’ll regress.

This feels like a good move for him, I hope he does really well.

Thrilled with Ait Nouri too, sounds like the right quality to do really well this season and then probably get a big fee next year or the year after, winners all round.

It's a good move for us too if 25m Euros is correct (about the right price for a player of his promise).

It's more that people incessantly have a go at him even when he isn't the problem.

Loads of comments on the West Ham verdict thread (so not even heat of the moment or whatever the excuse is supposed to be) about him and how on earth you could watch that game and decide he was the problem is beyond me. Boly, Coady, Saiss, Raul and Adama were all miles worse than him on the day.

Personally, I don't remember many saying he was "the worst player on the pitch", but I could sense frustration growing with him because he just wasn't showing any signs of improvement - and that is difficult for anyone to argue with. Defensively I felt like he worked hard but was just a bit naïve. For someone who enjoys getting forward and attacking, he has next to no end product. Too many stepovers or stopping in his tracks, turning around and passing the ball backwards for my liking.

There are literally hundreds of ex-Wolves players that you have criticised for various reasons over the years. I wouldn't say this is any different. I just don't think Vinagre is good enough for us and I'm delighted that it's an area we look likely to improve.

There are literally hundreds of ex-Wolves players that you have criticised for various reasons over the years.

Aye, we kept signing shite players.

He was being singled out on Sunday when there was no need for it as he wasn't the problem. Hardly anyone seriously criticised Raul when he had an absolute shocker, his lack of holding up the ball or offering anything was a major factor in our inability to threaten West Ham and he was partly at fault for two of the goals we conceded (which for a striker, is some going).

Vinagre is being tested hard at a young age without that much top flight football behind him - probably needs games slightly out of the main spotlight to show that he can do this - not sure that he will as no one can be sure, but suspect that under the full glare of the PL it will be so much harder (though we wouldn't be having this discussion without Jonny's injury).

If Marcal is fit then he wouldn't be playing anyway - no idea what the other player named is like

Aye, we kept signing shite players.

He was being singled out on Sunday when there was no need for it as he wasn't the problem. Hardly anyone seriously criticised Raul when he had an absolute shocker, his lack of holding up the ball or offering anything was a major factor in our inability to threaten West Ham and he was partly at fault for two of the goals we conceded (which for a striker, is some going).

Raul has got tons of credit in the bank though for his performances since he joined, we were still waiting for Vinagre to show anything like the performances the early promised showed.

I have nothing against Vinagre at all I hope he does well, He isn't/wasn't good enough for where we want to be though - probably a lot to do with the lack of game time over the last couple of seasons.

If we manage to swap Vinagre for Ait-Nouri without making too much of a dent in the bank account, we've done bloody brilliantly.

Jinky,

How do you know he's that good ? (not doubting you )

Don’t know. The only slightly sweary Ancient Greek I can remember is that perdomai is “I fart”. Studying Aristophanes in the original language obviously had some small use.

Fart is perdomai?????? You obviously drank more cypro than me.....fart i s klania, a farter is kalaniaris... Ha ha ha

Back