• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

The other thing with Ait Nouri is he's another fairly green player - 22 senior league appearances - I think any signings now need to be able to come straight into the strongest 11 otherwise there's not much point.

Don't see there being anything in the Ait Nouri rumours. Marcal will be first choice (when fit) with Vinagre backing him up and then we still have Jonny to come back. Just don't see that happening at all.

I don't either, but playing devil's advocate, if we sign a LWB that enables Marcal to replace Saiss at LCB if the form of West Ham game continues.

The other thing with Ait Nouri is he's another fairly green player - 22 senior league appearances - I think any signings now need to be able to come straight into the strongest 11 otherwise there's not much point.

Essentially he would be replacing Vinagre as the back up. I know little about Ait Nouri so no idea if he improves that back up position or not but it isn't happening so no need to worry about it

Agree

I don't either, but playing devil's advocate, if we sign a LWB that enables Marcal to replace Saiss at LCB if the form of West Ham game continues.

Interesting line of thought.

Ait Nouri--Marcal---Coady---Boly---Semedo

That's balanced, solid and most importantly, sexy.

Interesting line of thought.

Ait Nouri--Marcal---Coady---Boly---Semedo

That's balanced, solid and most importantly, sexy.

Plus Vinagre Saiss and Hoever on the bench covers all five positions as completely as you can with seven subs.

Not gonna judge Marcal at LCB till I've seen him (reports from Lyon were positive), but at 5'10" we'd need to make sure we weren't soft touches at the back, ideally I'd prefer another Bolyesque beast to support Coady

I'm surprised how much knowledge there is of a 19 year old Angers Left back with less than 25 appearances? He's good then?

Talking Wolves
@TalkingWolves
·
15m
Olympiacos are reportedly in advanced talks to sign Wolves wing back Ruben Vinagre on loan with an option to buy. (source:
@choria80
/ Sportime)

However:

Nathan Judah
@NathanJudah
·
3m
Nuno: Not anticipating anymore transfer business, but anything can happen.

I will be glad when it's closed

I have no idea what he's like in FM (which is ironic).

He seems like an exciting talent based on reports I've seen from people who know more about him.

Those reports seem to match what some of his metrics are like https://www.footballslices.com/stats/355401 where he is a good dribbler, risk taker so explains pass completion (take this with a pinch of salt as only 1000 minutes worth of data)

I have no idea what he's like in FM (which is ironic).

He seems like an exciting talent based on reports I've seen from people who know more about him.

Those reports seem to match what some of his metrics are like https://www.footballslices.com/stats/355401 where he is a good dribbler, risk taker so explains pass completion (take this with a pinch of salt as only 1000 minutes worth of data)

That's a great website!!

Interesting to do a comparison with Jonny

https://www.footballslices.com/compare/115917_355401

Olympiakos have an option buy Vinagre for €25m. Yeah, right.
What's the Greek for total bollocks?

Back