• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I think Dendoncker is perfect for what we need if we are going to try to play this new style. We need someone with that work rate who is capable of slotting back to help out the defenders. Wouldn't be easy to replace in the squad imo.

Do you mean if he replaced Coady and played in front of the defence when we had the ball and in the back 5 when we didn’t?

I’d be fine with it if we got a more mobile midfielder who could add goals and assists

His mobility isn't a problem and his goals and assists could improve in the evolution that is being spoken of. Has more league goals than everyone bar Jota and Jimenez since 2nd January.

Versatile enough to play in the back three too. There's no way i'd be looking to move him on.

His mobility isn't a problem and his goals and assists could improve in the evolution that is being spoken of. Has more league goals than everyone bar Jota and Jimenez since 2nd January.

Versatile enough to play in the back three too. There's no way i'd be looking to move him on.

Doubt we'd be looking to, but then I doubt we were actively looking to sell Jota before Liverpool came in with all that cash.

Fosun are a business, ultimately if they can make a sizeable enough profit on a player, they probably will.

He’s got zero assists in the premier league in two years, despite being the midfielder that is most often up with the strikers. I just don’t think creativity is part of his game.

And he’s mobile in that he’s not slow, and gets up and down - I’d prefer someone who can dribble and pass and move - that’s not Donks game, he’s a straight lines player, good at breaking up play and giving it simple.

I'd take mobile and simple over immobile and extravagant. We don't need another Milijas.

I'd take mobile and simple over immobile and extravagant. We don't need another Milijas.

Well of course - but if we’re looking top 6, surely you’d prefer mobile, and effective (ie scores and assists)

Personally, I'd say that in a 3-4-3 you'd see goals and assists from your CM pair as a bonus. That's not really what you should be asking them to do as the norm in that formation, IMO. Leaves way too much space in behind, which we saw the result of on Sunday.

If Marco Roca is available for the £9m I've just seen talked about we should be looking at him...

We don’t play 3-4-3 all the time though.

If we were going to stick to 3-4-3 all season then I’d be ok with Donk there - but we don’t, we play 3-5-2 quite a bit, and We need someone who can help the attack for that, which we don’t currently have.

Would be really disappointed to see Donk go. He should be in the starting 11.

Thankfully it looks like BS.

Would be really disappointed to see Donk go. He should be in the starting 11.

Thankfully it looks like BS.

I think we need somebody who is both useful with the ball *and* can run. Like in one footballer. Especially is we're persisting with a midfield 2

If Real Madrid come knocking for Raul tomorrow will he go? At his age you couldn't blame him. It would not surprise me at all.

It would surprise me. There's no long term thinking in a club like that paying what it would take to get Raul.

Don’t know how true it is but according to OneFootball we are bidding £16m for Oussama Idrissi. I’ve never heard of him and have probably also spelt his name wrong.

A winger. Like we are really short on those. Suspended at Groningen for disciplinary issues so really fits our no Dickheads policy. Seems likely.

A winger. Like we are really short on those. Suspended at Groningen for disciplinary issues so really fits our no Dickheads policy. Seems likely.

"No dickheads" seems to put a line through about 50% of professional footballers...

Good bit of business by Villa I’d be very surprised if they were in any relegation trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon Loftus-Cheek would be able to do the Dendoncker role in a 3-5-2 very well but not the kind of deal we look for generally.

Back