• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I also have a horrible feeling someone else from the first 11 will leave. Hope I am wrong. Roll on October

I also have a horrible feeling someone else from the first 11 will leave. Hope I am wrong. Roll on October

I think so too. When Nuno has been asked about any more possible incomings he's said about "reacting to things that may happen" - it might be reading too much into it but the way this window has gone it would not surprise me one bit.

Nuno said himself after the game that the answer lies within not in the transfer market

Nuno said himself after the game that the answer lies within not in the transfer market

He meant he's not going to buy players as a reaction to that defeat - when explicitly asked about transfers he's said the above about reacting to things that may happen. What he said last night does not mean there will be no more incomings or outgoings.

Not sure where we can afford to lose anyone, without bringing in a like for like replacement, which would be pointless.

He meant he's not going to buy players as a reaction to that defeat - when explicitly asked about transfers he's said the above about reacting to things that may happen. What he said last night does not mean there will be no more incomings or outgoings.

I know exactly what he meant and that's why I posted it. He isn't saying there are no more players incoming, he is saying that the problems last night were not down to personnel and requiring incoming players to rectify it, more down to the system and its implementation.

I know exactly what he meant and that's why I posted it. He isn't saying there are no more players incoming, he is saying that the problems last night were not down to personnel and requiring incoming players to rectify it, more down to the system and its implementation.

Then you have ignored the posts above completely which were talking about the possibility of another first team player going out during the window.

I think so too. When Nuno has been asked about any more possible incomings he's said about "reacting to things that may happen" - it might be reading too much into it but the way this window has gone it would not surprise me one bit.

I'd be more inclined to think this means there's a domino effect that may happen with transfers elsewhere. Example being Man Utd and their LB situation - e.g. they sign Telles, Porto come back for Vinagre, we sign Ait-Nouri, that kind of thing.

Not saying that will happen, but I think that's more what he was referring to then sanctioning a sale of a player at the last minute and having to scramble for a replacement (I would hope so, anyway)

I'd be more inclined to think this means there's a domino effect that may happen with transfers elsewhere. Example being Man Utd and their LB situation - e.g. they sign Telles, Porto come back for Vinagre, we sign Ait-Nouri, that kind of thing.

Not saying that will happen, but I think that's more what he was referring to then sanctioning a sale of a player at the last minute and having to scramble for a replacement (I would hope so, anyway)

Possibly. I think there are definitely going to be deals done, possibly both ways, not too much would shock me with how this summer has gone so far - in or out.

Even if someone does go, it's not the end of the world. There's talent in the squad beyond the first XI.

All the ITK knobs full of Dendoncker to Napoli today. Unless they've made us an offer we can't refuse...

I can just about see it. Would definitely want another CM + CB to come in afterward if he were to go, though.

I think Dendoncker is perfect for what we need if we are going to try to play this new style. We need someone with that work rate who is capable of slotting back to help out the defenders. Wouldn't be easy to replace in the squad imo.

The 2 stories on Lemar within a few days of each other tell you all you need to know about this joker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just gutted Semedo rejected us and went for talks with Man Utd. The bastard...

Back