• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Don’t know. The only slightly sweary Ancient Greek I can remember is that perdomai is “I fart”. Studying Aristophanes in the original language obviously had some small use.

Tim Spiers
@TimSpiers
·
59s
Ruben Vinagre is set to leave Wolves, looks like he's off to Olympiakos.

I'm told Wolves will sign French left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri, aged 19, from Angers to replace Vinagre in the squad. Loan deal with an option to buy #WWFC

Looks like it is happening.

Where am I going to get my fix of a player doing 23 step-overs before losing the ball now?

He had calmed down on those but I hope someone does a YouTube stepover vid as a goodbye.

He has stalled with us but I still say he will be a very decent player in a few years.

Never seen Ait-Nouri play but there are a few lads on a Discord I’m in far more knowledgable than I am have been raving about him all last season (one Liverpool fan wanted him or Vinagre, and he knew his stuff about Vinagre so trust his opinion of Ait-Nouri). He’s supposed to be a major talent in the making, from what I’ve heard this is a fantastic piece of business by Wolves and I’ll be absolutely buzzing about it. If we do get that much for Vinagre as well I swear Jeff is a magician. Decent player but nowhere near that price level.

I've seen a tiny bit of Ait-Nouri play live - from what I can tell he is basically a much more direct and aggressive version of Vinagre. But, as ever, trust they know what they're doing.

Vinagre is the whipping boy, been going on for a while (our fans were a disgrace towards him vs Brighton). Probably is time up for him here, shame it hasn't worked as we would have liked.

Also lol at Nuno basically stonewalling in his conference while this is literally happening

Vinagre is the whipping boy, been going on for a while (our fans were a disgrace towards him vs Brighton). Probably is time up for him here, shame it hasn't worked as we would have liked.

I think maybe some of us got carried away by what we saw initially (I certainly did, on reflection) - he's a solid player and will be a good pickup for them to replace the kid they sold to Liverpool. He probably hasn't become the player we thought he might but it would be difficult to do so without playing regularly - this should help him out and hopefully get him back on track.

Vinagre needed to move on- no hard feelings towards the lad, but he'd bottomed out here.

Replacing him with Ait-Nouri would be a cracking bit of business. Delighted to be wrong on that one.

He just needs to go and play games. He's only ever got a few games for us when Douglas/Jonny have been injured. Nuno doesn't quite trust him sadly at this point.

Think he will go on to do pretty well.

All I know about Ait-Nouri is he was great for my Wolves team in FM (as was Fabio Silva). However, you don’t get linked with top clubs for no reason. I think Jorge has helped us pull off a bit of a blinder here.

Shame as you always want players to do well, but even some of the match day comments on here bore no correlation to what was happening on the pitch, I think people just decide who they don't want and then their vision is geared to that .

I think scientifically it's called Andy Keogh syndrome

I'd imagine him catching Covid may have meant this deal has been completed later than we'd have wished.

(although that was in early September)

even some of the match day comments on here bore no correlation to what was happening on the pitch, I think people just decide who they don't want and then their vision is geared to that .

By people I presume you mean yourself too? We all have favourites, we all have players who we can't get on with?

I wish Vinagre well too, but he is a frustrating player, that's not just people deciding they don't like him

By people I presume you mean yourself too? We all have favourites, we all have players who we can't get on with?

I wish Vinagre well too, but he is a frustrating player, that's not just people deciding they don't like him

It's more that people incessantly have a go at him even when he isn't the problem.

Loads of comments on the West Ham verdict thread (so not even heat of the moment or whatever the excuse is supposed to be) about him and how on earth you could watch that game and decide he was the problem is beyond me. Boly, Coady, Saiss, Raul and Adama were all miles worse than him on the day.

Back