• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

"You don't even believe?

Don't go in the zig
That I go in the zag"

I think it basically means - "you zigged, I zagged", and Ruben replies with "you don't even believe that", i.e it wasn't on purpose.

giphy.gif

Looks like he's going, but could still be Valencia, I guess?

Ah OK thanks, just found a quote of his where he named us, didn't see it originally. Exciting stuff, I can see this kid going straight into the team for the Leeds game

Is there anybody out there that doesn’t see RAN and Semedo as a big upgrade on Vinagre and Doc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anybody out there that doesn’t see RAN and Semedo as a big upgrade on Vinagre and Doc?

Personally I think they’re both massive upgrades. Absolutely chuffed to bits with both pieces of business.

Personally I think they’re both massive upgrades. Absolutely chuffed to bits with both pieces of business.

Jeff should be on the banner (sans crisps obvs.)

I'll wait and see what they do on the pitch rather than answer in the theoretical, although I don't think either are particularly high bars

I think you always have to see a player in action for a while tbf. Take Doc and Semedo. It's fair to presume Semedo, a Barcelona first teamer, will easily outstrip a lad from the Irish league. But Doc did well for us under Nuno, and there are plenty of players with names and reputations that flop in the PL or just don't fit into certain teams.

Having said that, I think on paper it's very promising, and I'm optimistic that it will really rejuvenate those pivotal areas of the team for us.

If the plan is Semedo and Ait-Nouri with Hoever and Marcal pushing strongly to start and Jonny still to come back, it looks very exciting. Good mix of youth and experience too

I think you always have to see a player in action for a while tbf. Take Doc and Semedo. It's fair to presume Semedo, a Barcelona first teamer, will easily outstrip a lad from the Irish league. But Doc did well for us under Nuno, and there are plenty of players with names and reputations that flop in the PL or just don't fit into certain teams.

Having said that, I think on paper it's very promising, and I'm optimistic that it will really rejuvenate those pivotal areas of the team for us.

If the plan is Semedo and Ait-Nouri with Hoever and Marcal pushing strongly to start and Jonny still to come back, it looks very exciting. Good mix of youth and experience too

Don’t really agree - it’s easy to see the class (or otherwise) of a player in just a short while - RAN clearly has ability way above Vinagre.

I’m still hoping for -

Nouri—Marcal—Coady—Boly—Semedo

Get it clicking going forward with Podence, Raul etc and all of a sudden that’s a different animal from the side taken apart by West Ham.

Don’t really agree - it’s easy to see the class (or otherwise) of a player in just a short while - RAN clearly has ability way above Vinagre.

You could see that in ten minutes last night

I do agree, its all very well having class but I still want to see how it pans out, good players don't always settle straight in.....its very exciting though

I don't think it's controversial to say I want to at least see a player have a game or two before I make a definitive statement on them.

I also said I was very excited and positive about the signings, I do hope you're not going to overlook that.

I think we might see

Ait-Nouri Boly Coady Hoever Semedo

In the not too distant future

I think we might see

Ait-Nouri Boly Coady Hoever Semedo

In the not too distant future

Same as Jinky's team with Marcal and Ait-nouri, if we have one of the young lads at LWB or RCB it's good that we have experience to support in front or behind them. Should help their development and give them a safety net

I think that'll be it too Paddy.

We have to press higher up the field and I can't remember who said it earlier (apols) but our players at the back need to be very good individual defenders and that back 5 had speed and defensive ability.

This could be very promising.

I don't think it's controversial to say I want to at least see a player have a game or two before I make a definitive statement on them.

I also said I was very excited and positive about the signings, I do hope you're not going to overlook that.

You are forgiven for your caution!

Back