• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I’d certainly like to see Hoever be given a go at RCB for a bit, see how he goes. If it works, Boly shifts to LCB and Saiss can deputise for defence and midfield as needed.

looks like a done deal with Nouri. dont know much about him to be fair, but sounds promising...an old experienced goalie would be fine...(not Lonergan)

Allegedly, he’s in for a medical this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolves signerer ung fransk landslagsspiller! Det er nemlig 19 år gamle Rayan Ait-Nouri. Et av de største unge talentene på mange år i fransk og europeisk fotball. Rayan har vært linket til Barcelona og Manchester United, men det er altså Wolverhampton Wanderers som får hans signatur.

Tenk litt over hvor enormt store steg Wolves har tatt mot toppen av engelsk fotball.

Rayan Ait-Nouri (19) spiller venstre back for Angers, men blir Wolves-spiller mot prisen på £18M, etter én sesong på lån. Portugiseren Ruben Vinagre, som lenge var sett på som både ung og lovende for både klubb og landslag går på lån til Olympiakos. Med opsjon på kjøp. Wolves signerer ung fransk landslagsspiller!

Wolves sign young French national team player! It is 19-year-old Rayan Ait-Nouri. One of the greatest young talents in many years in French and European football. Rayan has been linked with Barcelona and Manchester United, but it is Wolverhampton Wanderers who get his signature.

Think about how big a step Wolves have taken towards the top of English football.

Rayan Ait-Nouri (19) plays left-back for Angers, but becomes a Wolves player for the price of £ 18M, after one season on loan. The Portuguese Ruben Vinagre, who was long regarded as both young and promising for both club and national team, goes on loan to Olympiakos. With option to buy. Wolves sign young French national team player!

The way its progressing the next few years will be fun :)

It feels like we are taking the Dortmund or Monaco model.

Sign high potential young players, develop them and offer them 1st team football for 2, 3 or even 4 years and then sell them for massive profit.

I'm happy with that, particularly with where we were, but Dortmund trophy haul (1 trophy in 8 or 9 years I think) is modest.

There’s also talk of a new contract for Raul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silva - 18
Vitinha - 20
Hoever - 18
Ait Nouri - 19
Neves - 20

All with extremely high potential and signed for quite high fees given their age, is this not what Dortmund have done over a number of years with the likes Dembele and Sancho?

Oh I'm not disagreeing with that point, are you saying you wont win anything with kids comparing us to Dortmund ?

Oh I'm not disagreeing with that point, are you saying you wont win anything with kids comparing us to Dortmund ?
No idea. But as they are widely regarded as the 2nd biggest/best side in Germany, their trophy haul over the last few years hasn't been great - and that's during the period where they have evolved into this type of model.

Not sure they won that much before this anyway though!

At this point I'd take being 2nd and playing in the CL every year, thanks very much. Dortmund's job is to try and close the gap on Bayern....very much easier said than done as they're generally very well run. Our job is to close the gap on the top 4 - and given what a basket case Man Utd and some of the others are, I wouldn't put it past us. Be bloody hard work, for sure, but given the disadvantage we have in terms of infrastructure, finances etc, this is the way to go.

Silverware's nice and all, but I'd kill for our team to be as much fun and to play the sort of football that Dortmund play.

Silva - 18
Vitinha - 20
Hoever - 18
Ait Nouri - 19
Neves - 20

All with extremely high potential and signed for quite high fees given their age, is this not what Dortmund have done over a number of years with the likes Dembele and Sancho?

Neves is 23 now :) ; imagine this lot when they are 23.

Raul has signed a new 4 year deal.

Excellent news!

Back