• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

The supposed ITK on the Mix reckons Palhinha is all but done, just medical to do. His Covid isolation is now over and some clause has now expired so he can move.

He's only managed to spawn Ait-Nouri correct so far though, so..... bucket of salt.
He didn't even break Aït-Nouri btw. In terms of genuinely breaking news his record is something like 0/15.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

According to Lyon fans Marçal's best position is LCB. Could be that he moves there if Aït-Nouri makes the LWB spot his own. I've never seen Aït-Nouri play but the reaction of French fans online suggests that we've underpaid by about £20-25M so you'd think he would...

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I think that is Marcal's best position although he can definitely do a job as a more defensive wing back. Even so it's where i want us to be looking next, i know we have got Boly, Saiss, Marcal, Coady, Dendoncker and Hoever who can play there but i feel we need the centre back that could take the defence to the next level that i don't think those players can. We need a centre back that has 2 or 3 bad games a season as opposed to 5+. Will be incredibly hard to find as centre back seems to be a position that a lot of teams are or have struggled with.

I’m no huge fan of Spiers, but if we’re stacking his track record against the guy on MM, I’d go for Spiers every day, and twice on weekends.

If we sign Ait-Nouri I'm satisfied. No point signing Hoever and Vitinha then blocking their way into the team, unless someone amazing comes on the radar.

We can look again in January, let's see how this squad does till then.

I’m no huge fan of Spiers, but if we’re stacking his track record against the guy on MM, I’d go for Spiers every day, and twice on weekends.

Pretty sure Britney said we were done after Semedo. Could have got that wrong though.

Pretty sure Britney said we were done after Semedo. Could have got that wrong though.

He said we MIGHT be done, which is a different thing to saying that we are done.

He also said that a fortnight before the window shutting, not two days.

That's a great fee for Vinagre, but can't see any way they'll pay it unless it's an obligation to buy

He said we MIGHT be done, which is a different thing to saying that we are done.

I know when he said it hence me putting when he said it. Also said I could have got it wrong. I know the difference between are and might.

Cheers Louie, good stuff.

He does that spin with the ball too often for my liking.

Took a big risk with that one didn’t he?

We might be done. Or we might not. Risky.

Back