• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I saw 2 million? Then probably a sizeable fee should they want to sign him

Well, that two million pays for a 50k a week signing for the season so there is a bit of logic.

Skov looks alright. Good left foot shot on him, decent free kick taker. I was nder where he fits in our team though. 3-4-3 would be his best fit.

Skov looks alright. Good left foot shot on him, decent free kick taker. I was nder where he fits in our team though. 3-4-3 would be his best fit.

You would think so. 3-4-3 with a front three of Skov - Jimenez - Jota. But we're going to play a lot of games this season. Jota will need a rest - I could see Skov operating in a 3-5-2 as well

Not too excited about the costa loan, 2m is peanuts and if he continues to play shit and/or suffers a serious injury he becomes worthless. Are they covering 100% of his wages? Im guessing this also means were stuck with cavaleiro and traore for another season too

Not too excited about the costa loan, 2m is peanuts and if he continues to play shit and/or suffers a serious injury he becomes worthless. Are they covering 100% of his wages? Im guessing this also means were stuck with cavaleiro and traore for another season too

Happy to be stuck with Cavaleiro. Traore I would bin off now personally.

Happy to be stuck with Cavaleiro. Traore I would bin off now personally.

Traore ain't going anywhere. I think he is Nuno's project, he has a lot invested in him. Big season for Adama, he has to produce or his career will die. Hopefully thinking he is settled and having a team believe in him will help. If not he will be waving bye bye to us from January next year

He'll stay, he'll be crap, he won't be here in 2020/21.

I agree. You can teach a lot of things. It does help if there is a brain there to absorb the lessons.

Adama has a good opportunity to utilise a full pre season with Nuno and his staff, play more football due to the Europa League. If he doesn't begin to look like a functioning part of the team far more consistently, well then as others have said we will get rid. And that is the most likely outcome.

Adama has a good opportunity to utilise a full pre season with Nuno and his staff, play more football due to the Europa League. If he doesn't begin to look like a functioning part of the team far more consistently, well then as others have said we will get rid. And that is the most likely outcome.
First up he needs to look like a footballer when we play Crusaders or B36 Vitamin. If he doesnt produce much in those games then he can do one.

Make it or break it season for traore, I think nuno will continue to play him as a rwb. Very slim chance of success there, he needs to play as a attacking winger to play to his strengths. I dont see us reverting to playing with wingers, not sure where him and cav fit since theyre both shit in a front two.

It had better be a VERY hefty loan fee otherwise I don't see the point.

I’d imagine there’s been zero interest in signing him, so loan is the only way we can move him on - then hope he can find some Form so we can get a reasonable fee for him.

Leeds clearly want him but can't afford him. So loan and then if they went up they could.

Leeds clearly want him but can't afford him. So loan and then if they went up they could.

Much like we loan players for a fee first and then buy later. It helps the buying clubs FFP and gets a good fee for us.

Make it or break it season for traore, I think nuno will continue to play him as a rwb. Very slim chance of success there, he needs to play as a attacking winger to play to his strengths. I dont see us reverting to playing with wingers, not sure where him and cav fit since theyre both shit in a front two.

Cav was far from shit in the Jota role. Traore was just shit everywhere.

Back