• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Bonatini has a decent strike rate already. It won't screw it at all ffs

I would still like a big signing but to go all sackcloth and ashes is fucking pathetic

What happens if he gets injured?

IF, IF we don't sign a striker then it will be disappointing, a missed opportunity and let's face it a bit of a cock up all round really.

I don't think anybody is doing that, they're just voicing their opinion. Bonatini has looked decent and I think he will be integral this season should we not sign anybody else. That being said, it doesn't fill me with confidence if he is spear-heading our front 3 from September to January. Now, I'm not going all sackcloth or going to ashes, I'm just saying if we are aiming for the top it would have been wiser to keep Dicko than sell him and not upgrade on him. This window has still been a success, we've signed players I never thought we would at this level or even in The Prem, however, we need to have really good options and I think we are still a little short. I'm not annoyed about it, we are a work in progress.

For everyone counting Wilson as one of the strikers, i thought he was on his way to Port Vale on loan?

And also to clarify, loans are window to window minimum, there is no recall until Jan 1st.

Yes that was my understanding also.

Jota: Has played centrally prior to joining Wolves.

Cavaleiro: Has played centrally prior to and since joining Wolves.

Bonatini: Plays centrally, full stop.

Zyro: Has played centrally since joining Wolves.

Bright: Has played centrally at Wolves.

Then we have youth products below that. We're fine at striker even without someone new. I would like someone new, but it's not always possible.

Wonder what's stopped us bringing in another midfielder today?

Clearly if there's any truth in the Colback & young Utd lad rumours from yesterday, we were looking to bulk up the numbers in that area too.

Obviously we were after a forward, so looks like Nuno wanted improvements, but it's just not come off for us.

For everyone counting Wilson as one of the strikers, i thought he was on his way to Port Vale on loan?

And also to clarify, loans are window to window minimum, there is no recall until Jan 1st.
They have enquired. Nothing happening on that right now.

It'll definitely be disappointing if we don't add a striker/goalscorer, more disappointing given the context of how successfully we have built the other areas of the team. Overall the window gets an A grade, a striker would have made it an A*...

Odds on Afobe just gone to 3/1 from 20/1.

If Bonatini got injured and we still had Dicko we would still be screwed unless we completely change the way we play. If we do fail to get a striker I think Cav will be deployed as back up striker to Bonatini with Wilson the next option.

There is still time but considering the Locado deal was done and he completed a medical I can't blame Wolves for that we pretty much had our man.

Jordan Hugill will be banging it down the M6 as we speak in his Fiat Punto to complete a deal don't panic!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Wonder what's stopped us bringing in another midfielder today?

Clearly if there's any truth in the Colback & young Utd lad rumours from yesterday, we were looking to bulk up the numbers in that area too.

Obviously we were after a forward, so looks like Nuno wanted improvements, but it's just not come off for us.

I'd guess we weren't in for one. We have a bunch of youth CMs pushing for senior inclusion.

I actually thought Dicko looked no worse than Bonatini in our system, he just lost his shooting boots.

I must add, that's not me saying he's suited to our system, but he could have got a couple of more goals had his composure been better.

Mason - Jota
Bod - Leo
Dicko - ?? (Currently Wilson and a returning Zyro)

(With Ivan and Costa to join the party)

Shove the term fire sale where the sun doesn't shine will ya

When we started the fire sale I asked about replacements. Many on here shouted me down saying we would not have sold or loaned those players without replacements lined up. I was told why build a lovely house and not put a roof on, and sadly that is exactly what we appear to have done, though there is still two hours left for a panic buy. There were clearly not replacements lined up, so if we get a couple of injuries to forwards we will be a little short handed, wherever the sun shines.

Whatever happened to Nathael Julan? That rumor seemed to die very quietly.

I actually thought Dicko looked no worse than Bonatini in our system, he just lost his shooting boots.
His main issue was play with his back to goal. Certainly v Boro you could see the difference when he replaced Leo. All of a sudden Boro were getting more of the ball and winning it back easier from him.

If Bonatini got injured and we still had Dicko we would still be screwed unless we completely change the way we play. If we do fail to get a striker I think Cav will be deployed as back up striker to Bonatini with Wilson the next option.

There is still time but considering the Locado deal was done and he completed a medical I can't blame Wolves for that we pretty much had our man.

Jordan Hugill will be banging it down the M6 as we speak in his Fiat Punto to complete a deal don't panic!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If it's anything like the Fiats I owned (though they may have improved the quality now) then hopefully it will break before he gets anywhere near

IT ISN'T A BLOODY FIRE SALE.

And you wonder why people call you a WUM these for crying out loud

When we started the fire sale I asked about replacements. Many on here shouted me down saying we would not have sold or loaned those players without replacements lined up. I was told why build a lovely house and not put a roof on, and sadly that is exactly what we appear to have done, though there is still two hours left for a panic buy. There were clearly not replacements lined up, so if we get a couple of injuries to forwards we will be a little short handed, wherever the sun shines.

I think it's fair to say that Locadia was probably lined up but PSV pulled a Curbishley on us at the eleventh hour.

Back