• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Well you can, they could have tidied to sign him last week or something. Bit like starting your home work the night before and then your computer breaks.

See above

There are so many moving pieces in the market, though. I think a better analogy would be that you want to start your homework but your teacher won't give you the assignment until the last second.

Leave him alone, he already lost to the physiotherapist this week ;-)

When we started the fire sale I asked about replacements. Many on here shouted me down saying we would not have sold or loaned those players without replacements lined up. I was told why build a lovely house and not put a roof on, and sadly that is exactly what we appear to have done, though there is still two hours left for a panic buy. There were clearly not replacements lined up, so if we get a couple of injuries to forwards we will be a little short handed, wherever the sun shines.
Ok so you are going to use that term then. You wonder why people call you a WUM or a troll...

The 3 we moved on (not counting Gladon). We have signed 2 to replace. Clearly we wanted a 3rd and it looks like our main target fell through today due to the selling club changing their mind. What that leaves us with is a player from the Development squad and a returning player to cover the 3rd player we moved on. I would much rather we used what we have than sign a Barnes or Hugill.

As for injuries...well anywhere across the team we could struggle with a few players being out. We could have signed a player today and tomorrow his cruciate snaps.

There are so many moving pieces in the market, though. I think a better analogy would be that you want to start your homework but your teacher won't give you the assignment until the last second.

Well Dicko was a pretty big moving part. I was pretty confident Wolves would have something lined up, but it appears the Locadio deal was only started today? Why? It's all very strange and a little disappointing. Especially as I was so confident they wouldn't just do nothing, and defended the clubs actions selling Dicko tooth and nail.

:icon_lol:

I think a lot of people are forgetting that as well as seeing some fantastic players arriving this summer, it was crucial to offload some of the deadwood who have not been good enough. We've done exceptionally well to recoup as much money as we have from crap players.

Overall its been a good window, however it will be an issue if we do not get a striker.

If the deal did fall through you would hope we had someone else as a back up

Well Dicko was a pretty big moving part. I was pretty confident Wolves would have something lined up, but it appears the Locadio deal was only started today? Why? It's all very strange and a little disappointing. Especially as I was so confident they wouldn't just do nothing, and defended the clubs actions selling Dicko tooth and nail.

Like I said, our teacher (in this case, PSV), probably wouldn't let the deal start the final stages (the medical) until today. Then they got cold feet.

I very much doubt that we only just rang up PSV a few hours ago and said "oi lads, that Locadia kid you've got is something good ay he". We've probably been in talks with them about it for weeks.

Jordan Rhodes spotted on the A5 near Greasy Lils..

Its physically impossible to go past greasy lils without eating a full fry up, so there's no chance he'll make it in time.

If we don't sign a striker it's not the end of the world, still the best transfer window we ever had, yes I'd like a striker, but what we have should be sufficient for now, plus the loan window opens up again soon.......

Like I said, our teacher (in this case, PSV), probably wouldn't let the deal start the final stages (the medical) until today. Then they got cold feet.

I very much doubt that we only just rang up PSV a few hours ago and said "oi lads, that Locadia kid you've got is something good ay he". We've probably been in talks with them about it for weeks.

Maybe, but you'd hope there was a back up. But anyway, they could have done a medical a week ago but not pulled the trigger until today. There is no excuse for getting caught flat footed like this.

If we don't sign a striker it's not the end of the world, still the best transfer window we ever had, yes I'd like a striker, but what we have should be sufficient for now, plus the loan window opens up again soon.......
No loan window. After today only out of contract players (as long as they were free agents before the window closed) can be signed before Jan 1st

Crowd gathering at Compton apparently.

No loan window. After today only out of contract players (as long as they were free agents before the window closed) can be signed before Jan 1st

berba-peno.gif

Back