• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

When we started the fire sale I asked about replacements. Many on here shouted me down saying we would not have sold or loaned those players without replacements lined up. I was told why build a lovely house and not put a roof on, and sadly that is exactly what we appear to have done, though there is still two hours left for a panic buy. There were clearly not replacements lined up, so if we get a couple of injuries to forwards we will be a little short handed, wherever the sun shines.

It's not a fire sale. More a car boot sale where you get rid of a load of crap that you don't want.

His main issue was play with his back to goal. Certainly v Boro you could see the difference when he replaced Leo. All of a sudden Boro were getting more of the ball and winning it back easier from him.

Oh, absolutely, I don't dispute that and I'd prefer Bonatini all day long.

Jota: Has played centrally prior to joining Wolves.

Cavaleiro: Has played centrally prior to and since joining Wolves.

Bonatini: Plays centrally, full stop.

Zyro: Has played centrally since joining Wolves.

Bright: Has played centrally at Wolves.

Then we have youth products below that. We're fine at striker even without someone new. I would like someone new, but it's not always possible.

Just because someone has played there does not mean they should play there. Cav is good outside, as is Costa. Having someone who can link the play but also get in the box, and has pace.

They are trying we know we just have to hope they can get a deal over the line

You're all childish. You make my eyes bleed, talk about being grown men. Man.

It's not a fire sale. More a car boot sale where you get rid of a load of crap that you don't want.

Dan, you know more about Wolves than anyone on here, but you said we sign a striker, and maybe you can explain why we have not put the roof on the house.

His main issue was play with his back to goal. Certainly v Boro you could see the difference when he replaced Leo. All of a sudden Boro were getting more of the ball and winning it back easier from him.

Spot on, I really liked Dicko (I've bought 3 kids shirts with his name on over the years) but he really didn't fit with our system. We need a striker to move play on quickly and get on the end of the odd chance in the box, dicko isn't that player.

Completely agree. I'd 100% prefer a Wilson or someone else from our academy to lead our front line than Mason. Did anyone actually grumble that we were getting light on strikers when he left?

Just on the Locadio deal considering it's pretty much done and he's here could we not offer them more money just to get it over the line?? I know it's really shit from their point of view but it could hurt our push badly especially if we pick up an injury or 2.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Dan, you know more about Wolves than anyone on here, but you said we sign a striker, and maybe you can explain why we have not put the roof on the house.

I hope we do, there is still time, if PSV pulled the plug at the last minute on Locadia....not sure what we could do about that.

Ask me after 11pm.

Just because someone has played there does not mean they should play there. Cav is good outside, as is Costa. Having someone who can link the play but also get in the box, and has pace.

They are trying we know we just have to hope they can get a deal over the line

That describes Cav pretty well, honestly.

He's not the tallest but he's looked jacked as fuck this season. He could probably hold his own against a few CBs.

There is still time but considering the Locado deal was done and he completed a medical I can't blame Wolves for that we pretty much had our man.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Well you can, they could have tidied to sign him last week or something. Bit like starting your home work the night before and then your computer breaks.

I think it's fair to say that Locadia was probably lined up but PSV pulled a Curbishley on us at the eleventh hour.

See above

That describes Cav pretty well, honestly.

He's not the tallest but he's looked jacked as fuck this season. He could probably hold his own against a few CBs.

Dont think it does, Cav held on to the ball far to long saturday when he did drift in centrally, something he does frequently

:icon_lol:

I think a lot of people are forgetting that as well as seeing some fantastic players arriving this summer, it was crucial to offload some of the deadwood who have not been good enough. We've done exceptionally well to recoup as much money as we have from crap players.

A fire sale is when you sell things at a low price, generally in response to a financial crisis. It is not a fire sale.

Back