• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

The difference being I do not swear at you. What has been boring and predictable (apart from your predictable rants) is everyone saying we would not build a nice house without a roof. I cannot understand the fire sale of forwards with no replacements lined up up. It is just crazy, a couple of injuries and we will be struggling.

Two and a half hours left.

It's not a fire sale when the players who have left aren't good enough. Bod, Mason, Gladon, Duckens - none of them good enough for a top 6 Championship side. Dicko hasn't shown he is good enough either since returning from injury.

The other thing I'm convinced of is that Nuno has okayed every single one of the departures - he will have decided they either aren't good enough, wrong attitude or just don't fit into his way of playing. He will have agreed to all departures, knowing full well that any deal we had lined up always had the risk of falling through.

We've got 6 or 7 players who can play up front - we play 3 up front so we can cope with a couple of injuries.

I'm sure Dalrymple goes round telling confidential info about transfers to every Bobby Davro lookalike in a pub.

Looks like Dalrymple's new best mate doesn't even know the names of our players.

No need fir the insults. He waa asked (not by me) the hurry up and get a striker in, he said they were trying. Thats all

Meltdowns already starting on the official wolves Facebook page,if we don't sign anyone it's going to be a bigger meltdown than Fukushima and Chernobyl combined,thinking about commenting to wind people up a bit more

I haven't really seen anybody say this window has been anything other than a success. I think we will bring someone in, however, I'm seeing a lot of blind optimism thus far. Yes, we do have a strong team but this season The Championship has a lot of big teams and a lot of big players. If Nuno persists with the 3-4-3 then we need the best players possible to play it. I do believe that a fluid front 3, be it with any of Cav, Bonatini, Costa, Bright, Zyro or Wilson (who I believe is ready for first team football) will be decent and put us around the play-offs come the end of the season. Despite my optimism, you have to take other teams into account, it's extremely early in the season and some teams are just finding their feet (as are we) and not signing a quality all-round striker after letting Dicko go (who has looked a little off since his return from injury but a little brighter this season, albeit without hitting the net when he should have on a number of occasions), could come back to bite us on the arse.

I guess my point is if you are optimistic, stop having a go at the pessimists. They do have some valid points.

We don't play a "get the ball into the box and have a striker there to get on the end of it" type of game though. The most important thing about the forward in this system is being able to bring others into play, and to make it possible for everyone to share in scoring. That's why Bonatini drops deep all the time, he's not *meant* to be hanging around in the box all the time, and it's also why signing eg a Jordan Rhodes type wouldn't make sense.
We do not play get the ball in quick, but the ball was in tge box plenty without a centre forward in the box. Sanchez is prine example of a player that links play yet also gets in the box, he just hung around outside the box

How accurate are the Donovan Wilson to Port Vale rumors at this point? I'll finally be worried if we are going into the thick of this fight with 1 proper striker. I know Zyro and Jota can fill the role, but I'd prefer a little depth there.

I haven't really seen anybody say this window has been anything other than a success.

Have you seen twitter??

As for us 'optimists', it's acceptable to be a bit disappointed, very surprised at tonight's lack of incoming activity but still far from unhappy at the business the club has done, isn't it?

Well I really hope Costa doesn't have a setback now. We will need his goals.

If we do not get a striker it was a mistake letting Dicko go. He looked dangeeous on Sat.

Ok, optimistic view: we have Leo, Cav and Zyro to play the central role. Costa, bright, Jota and Ronan for the inside forward roles. Not too bad actually [emoji41]

It's been an astonishingly successful transfer window... until the last few days, where we failed to improve the position where we were markedly weak, and actively lost some of what little depth we did have there.

Is that an unfair summary?

Have you seen twitter??

As for us 'optimists', it's acceptable to be a bit disappointed, very surprised at tonight's lack of incoming activity but still far from unhappy at the business the club has done, isn't it?

Pretty much where i am. The window has been a success but the lack of a striker will screw our promotion push

I'm assuming as Locadia has passed his medical The deal won't be totally off until 11.00?

I don't do Twitter, but I can imagine the idiocy on there. I'm just going on what I've seen on here. Some people demeaning others opinions because they deem them not to be content enough with the incomings in this window. I'm content, I still feel the midfield is a little lightweight and new right wing-back is needed but I can understand their apprehension after letting Dicko go and not bringing in an upgrade. It's not a disaster, however.

Bonatini has a decent strike rate already. It won't screw it at all ffs

I would still like a big signing but to go all sackcloth and ashes is fucking pathetic

For everyone counting Wilson as one of the strikers, i thought he was on his way to Port Vale on loan?

And also to clarify, loans are window to window minimum, there is no recall until Jan 1st.

It's been an astonishingly successful transfer window... until the last few days, where we failed to improve the position where we were markedly weak, and actively lost some of what little depth we did have there.

Is that an unfair summary?

That's pretty much as I see it. What does concern me is we have made a concerted effort to sign players for specific positions, moving away from putting 'square pegs in round holes'. A couple of injuries now and we may be forced to reintroduce this method.

Bonatini has a decent strike rate already. It won't screw it at all ffs

I would still like a big signing but to go all sackcloth and ashes is fucking pathetic

In my opinion it will, I do not see
Bonatini doing much for us.

Letting our forwards go without a replacement is not ideal. An injury and we really are fucked

Back