• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

No we don't, no he doesn't, and it doesn't kill a damn thing.

Saturday dalrymple said they were trying for a striker which suggests Nuno knows we need one.

Without a decent striker (Balatoni is not one. We will not be in the top 2 and unlikely to make the play off final.

It will look very stupid if we don't get a decent striker in.

We are probably going to get someone but are going to be paying massively over the odds now

I think a little bit of humility from those people who sneered at the 'idiots' who suggested we might not bring anyone in wouldn't go a miss.

There's a certain amount of revisionism going on in the space of a page of this thread.

Most of you lot think its as easy as Football manager to sign bloody players. LMFAO.

Without a decent striker (Balatoni is not one

In your opinion.

In my opinion and others, he is a decent player. Maybe you are not understanding how we now play and the main striker in our team is not your typical forward. His job is to bring the 2 either side of him and the midfield into the game

Whether anything else happens or not it's still been a good window - those going out did not fit the way it looks like Nuno intends to play & we do have cover - maybe not perfect cover, but no point bringing in dross like Hugill or Barnes just to placate 'some' fans

Won't stop some going into meltdown though

(would keep Wilson here for the time being though as insurance - can go on loan in Jan if we bring someone in then

In your opinion.

In my opinion and others, he is a decent player. Maybe you are not understanding how we now play and the main striker in our team is not your typical forward. His job is to bring the 2 either side of him and the midfield into the game

Which is all well and vood until you get the ball in the box anx he's not there as happened regularly Saturday. He was also far to slow to react, think, and has no pace

I'd be surprised if we don't sign anyone today, but even if we don't, to suggest this window has been anything other than superb is frankly ridiculous. :icon_lol:

As is suggesting we can't go up without signing a striker.

These players out on loan can be recalled y'know? Rather see Graham get game time at a club like Fulham then recall him, then have him on the fringe. We'd all love a striker tonight, I still think one is coming, but alas if not it won't be the end of the world. Fosun want promotion this season, I'm sure we will see that regardless.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jota, Bonatini, Costa, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare, Zyro - 6 forwards, only three will start

Saiss, Neves, Price, Ronan, - 4 central midfielders (5 with Coady), only two will start

Boly, Miranda, Batth, Hause, Bennett, Coady - 6 central defenders, only three will start

Vinagre, Marshall, Ofosu-Ayeh, Doherty - 4 wing backs, only two will start

We have two players for every outfield position, all of whom can be considered genuinely first team - with the possible exception of Vinagre.

We've had worse squads....if there hadn't been weeks of speculation about a new striker most would consider that to be one hell of a squad of players, certainly good enough for the next 3 months.

Forgot Zyro, yeah should be fine.

I thought Leo did very well. Linked up play and held it up pretty decently.

I forgot about Zyro too - I've still never seen him play!

In my opinion we need a quality front man and I'll be disappointed if we don't get one. That said, the other business we've done this window has been outstanding.

These players out on loan can be recalled y'know? Rather see Graham get game time at a club like Fulham then recall him, then have him on the fringe. We'd all love a striker tonight, I still think one is coming, but alas if not it won't be the end of the world. Fosun want promotion this season, I'm sure we will see that regardless.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Can we recall him?

It'll probably be news to everyone at the club who has been trying to land a striker over the past few weeks that we don't need one after all.

Come on guys- we can recognise that this has mostly been an enormously successful transfer window while also recognising that, short of us pulling a rabbit out of a hat, we've failed at our goal of getting a new striker and left ourselves very short up front.

Saturday dalrymple said they were trying for a striker which suggests Nuno knows we need one.

I'm sure Dalrymple goes round telling confidential info about transfers to every Bobby Davro lookalike in a pub.

Without a decent striker (Balatoni is not one).

Looks like Dalrymple's new best mate doesn't even know the names of our players.

We do need a striker, even Nuno knows that. Not getting one kills our promotion push

Absolutely. People on here were convinced that the fire sale of forwards would not have taken place without at least one replacement lined up. What is clear is we had no replacements lined up and have been scrambling around trying to find one. Which makes the sale of Dicko even more baffling.

Back