• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I mean, i even have a sig that i trust Nuno but why make things harder for ourselves if we can avoid it?

Because if we do what we need to do then what Fulham are doing means fuck all to us.

Jota, Bonatini, Costa, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare, Zyro - 6 forwards, only three will start

Saiss, Neves, Price, Ronan, - 4 central midfielders (5 with Coady), only two will start

Boly, Miranda, Batth, Hause, Bennett, Coady - 6 central defenders, only three will start

Vinagre, Marshall, Ofosu-Ayeh, Doherty - 4 wing backs, only two will start

We have two players for every outfield position, all of whom can be considered genuinely first team - with the possible exception of Vinagre.

We've had worse squads....if there hadn't been weeks of speculation about a new striker most would consider that to be one hell of a squad of players, certainly good enough for the next 3 months.

you've omitted Douglas, and why is Vinagre not considered first team quality

Jota, Bonatini, Costa, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare, Zyro - 6 forwards, only three will start

Saiss, Neves, Price, Ronan, - 4 central midfielders (5 with Coady), only two will start

Boly, Miranda, Batth, Hause, Bennett, Coady - 6 central defenders, only three will start

We have two players for every outfield position, all of whom can be considered genuinely first team - with the possible exception of Vinagre.

We've had worse squads....if there hadn't been weeks of speculation about a new striker most would consider that to be one hell of a squad of players, certainly good enough for the next 3 months.

Just Douglas missing from your wing backs.

Its been a great window and I hate this deadline day as it seems you don't sign a player the club have failed.

Add Gibbs-White and Herc to that. Seedorf could be close as well as the Spanish midfielder and the other forward we signed this morning...

Like i said, best window in my lifetime but unneccessary to get rid of Dicko and Graham if nobody else is signed

Unnecessary is a great choice of words. You wouldn't do it voluntarily. So I am still confident something will happen

And yet there will be mass wailing and gnashing of teeth

We will look a bit daft selling Dicko and moving Graham on without bringing one quality replacement in. I still think we will do something.

Not Barnes though, he's shite.

Like i said, best window in my lifetime but unneccessary to get rid of Dicko and Graham if nobody else is signed

4th choice RWB / 4th RW
3rd Choice forward

I would get it if we were selling or loaning out Costa or Ivan...Nuno doesn't think he can utilise the players he has let go. Pointless keeping them here and risk having miserable players in the squad.

Jo Lescott in the hot seat on sky so it must be Wolves announcement time... ;)

I don't think it kills anything, but I feel like we still needed to improve going into this week based off the last few days, and we simply haven't.

Does Dicko not just have a 7 day cooling off period? Call him back in.

Understand where you are coming from but to Hull and Fulham...(response to kenny)

Twitter is pure heaven tonight, look at all the deals that have been called off tonight. I have confidence we can get to the next transfer window with a forward line of Costa, Jota, Bright and use Cav, Leo and Donovan Wilson up front.

Well I think it's fair to say this isn't the transfer deadline day most of us envisaged.

Graham (a popular player with the fans) departing to a 'rival', and the deal for our new star striker being pulled within an hour of each other is a world away from what most of us expected (2-3 top signings).

Maybe we've been spoilt? Maybe we're going to pull a rabbit out of the hat?

... or maybe, we've had Ashley Barnes on ice all day & he's now on his way for a medical as our last resort.

I'm happy to keep the faith, but I think it's fair to say most of us will be more than disappointed to see all the brilliant hard work in the window so far get forgotten about if we don't bring in a forward. Football fans are a fickle bunch.

Back