• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Hates us already..."Graham: "I’m over the moon. It’s a wicked club to be at. As soon as I heard of the interest I couldn’t wait to get down here.""

Jordan gone to Fulham....permission to go full Fred?
Permission approved..dont get me wrong here..this has been the best transfer window in my lifetime but i really hope we get a top striker in before deadline..

I don't get this...Dicko is a shadow of the player he was in 2014 and scored a massive 3 goals last season. The misses vs Southampton showed the level he is at and we were offered an impressive £3.5m over £1m per goal! We have spent money on an excellent accademy so if the choice is Barnes or Wilson, I'd rather we use the young lad from our academy.

Dicko was crap last season, there's no doubting it, but he did at least look a little sharper at the start of this. He provided cover, is the thing; without him, Bonatini's our only fit senior striker, which would be a ridiculous state of affairs for a position where it's been obvious that we needed more cover for most of the summer. A 75%-effective Dicko is better than no player at all.

The choice is not a new striker or Wilson; there should be absolutely no reason why we can't have both. Wilson is a talent, there's no doubting it, but he's unproven in the senior game. I don't go in for the vaunted "Championship experience" as a huge factor, but I do think another proven senior striker is an important position for us to be looking to fill, and if the window comes to an end without us having done that, I think we've made a serious gaffe in letting even a sub-par Dicko go.

Sad to see graham go to a PL competitor

Pfft

He scores against every other competitor and can't play against us, then that is win win

...Unless his contributions put them above us and we lose out as a result.

Alan Nixon reckons Wilson is off to Vale on loan #nunohatesstrikers
Funnily enough someone said to me last week that Wildon was being loaned out.
Graham has an attitude problem...I'm not too fussed on him toodle pipping.

I mean, come on. Graham on top of the other players leaving, and you think nobody is coming in? That would be monumentally daft

Why would we help other teams in this division if we have money?

The locadia deal not happening now?

A few things bouncing around Twitter saying it's off........whether they are true or not is another thing (then again we don't know for sure if we were in for him)

I'd have thought thee was a possibility of no-one coming in up to the point of hearing Wilson is going out on loan. If Wilson is off on loan, then I'd be expecting we'll sign a striker, as Wilson is now likely to get more first team football than being 4th choice here.

I certainly hope so! I just lack the conviction that we've got some secret deals hidden in the locker, when we've been hearing all day about deals that we've been trying and failing to secure.

Back