• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

You want to look on the dark side. It is fucking scary over there. Needy wankers moaning about a shit window.

You want to look on the dark side. It is fucking scary over there. Needy wankers moaning about a shit window.

It's like a fucking playground. How do people think we wouldn't sign a striker after signing who we already have and just leave it to chance that we wouldn't get injuries/cover in? It amazes me.

The one-up-manship on being the most negative they can is fucking pathetic.

You don't build a marvellous palace and forget to put the roof on. These deals are done and we will announce them when WE want to today. Wolves are now pretty much a leak-free zone.

I'm getting a bit nervous now. Perhaps I should sign up to the dark side

I think we will, but we leave it very late..medical can fuck up or whatever, personal terms

It's not incomprehensible that something has broken down and we end up without, or with a different target to who we thought when we sold dicko. We don't own the whole market, we're not going to get it all our way, in a particular order.

It's not incomprehensible that something has broken down and we end up without, or with a different target to who we thought when we sold dicko. We don't own the whole market, we're not going to get it all our way, in a particular order.

I think this is a fair assessment. I don't share the faith that something has been done and just not announced.

Locadia deal is now off.

Dutch media apparently saying Locadia is off

We may still get a deal, but I think blind faith that it's already happened and people are worrying over absolutely nothing is a bit much. It's not like we're hearing absolutely no inside reports- we're hearing several that simply aren't coming off. I reckon there's a real possibility of us getting nothing out of today if the Locadia deal really has fallen through, which would make the sale of Dicko look like a piece of absolute hubris.

Barnes could be coming in on loan I'm told. Source reckons 70/30 chance in favour of it happening.

That's got to be a Thelwell special. Barnes is an atrocious player as well as an all round fuck knuckle. This has the stench of Sagbo and Holt all over it.

We may still get a deal, but I think blind faith that it's already happened and people are worrying over absolutely nothing is a bit much. It's not like we're hearing absolutely no inside reports- we're hearing several that simply aren't coming off. I reckon there's a real possibility of us getting nothing out of today if the Locadia deal really has fallen through, which would make the sale of Dicko look like a piece of absolute hubris.

I don't get this...Dicko is a shadow of the player he was in 2014 and scored a massive 3 goals last season. The misses vs Southampton showed the level he is at and we were offered an impressive £3.5m over £1m per goal! We have spent money on an excellent accademy so if the choice is Barnes or Wilson, I'd rather we use the young lad from our academy.

I don't get this...Dicko is a shadow of the player he was in 2014 and scored a massive 3 goals last season. The misses vs Southampton showed the level he is at and we were offered an impressive £3.5m over £1m per goal! We have spent money on an excellent accademy so if the choice is Barnes or Wilson, I'd rather we use the young lad from our academy.

People seem to be working on the basis that Dicko being a shadow of his former self / not fitting into the system and waiting for a replacement to sign before selling him are mutually exclusive. They're not.

I agree he isn't the player he was. I agree he doesn't fit in with the system. Nevertheless a squad needs more than one senior striker. The fact that he had featured in each of our games so far surely proves that?

Graham has gone to Fulham for the season

We wouldn't have sold him without something cast iron in place. Surely something will happen. Just got to be patient.

Back