• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

In the games that I have seen him in so far this (& last season) he does not appear to be as quick or as instinctive as he was - not far off but enough to minimise his effectiveness.

Can he get that back, who knows, but £3.5m for him was more than a decent price given his output over the last 15 months & not sure that he complements the way the team is being set out now.

Mason and Bod i agree with

Why? Doesn't matter if he scores 40 goals for Hull, he didn't fit our system and wouldn't have worked.

i knew somebody would write that...not fitting the system..no link player..so why we didnt sell him earlier so we could get a replacement in?

if he is a failure at Hull i will raise my hands and say i was wrong
He could quite conceivably be a success at Hull, I hope he is as long as it's not to our direct detriment, it still doesn't mean selling him was the wrong thing to do. He doesn't and never will suit the way we want to play while Nuno is boss.

i knew somebody would write that...not fitting the system..no link player..so why we didnt sell him earlier so we could get a replacement in?

You knew someone would say it because it's true. Hull put a bid in after Hernandez got crocked for the season, we can't force teams to bid for our players, all we can do is tell them they're not wanted and let their agent find them a new club.

You knew someone would say it because it's true. Hull put a bid in after Hernandez got crocked for the season, we can't force teams to bid for our players, all we can do is tell them they're not wanted and let their agent find them a new club.

so which strikers fit our system?

Bonatini does, although I think he's a backup rather than first choice. A fit and interested Chris Martin would, someone like Chris Sutton from the past would do, so probably would the Liverpool version of Heskey. We aren't looking for or need a finisher type.

not that impressed even from the youtube video from eredvisie

just a target player then

just think its mostly tap-ins

Someone like Bonatini, someone who can hold the ball up and lay it off, or go past his man like Cav can.

Dicko didn't because he likes to hide on the shoulder of the defender and looks for balls down the sides or over the top, we just don't play like that anymore.

just a target player then
No, not all, that's not what any of them were. They are all hold up players that bring others into the game and often play back to goal. A target man in the Iwan Roberts style would be as unsuited to this system as a finisher

Some talk on Twitter that Max Power has asked for a transfer and that we are set to sign him. Random...

Chris Sutton i liked. could do everything, Martin is strong, not sure what he has done lately though, Heskey type ...no thanks

just think its mostly tap-ins

Most of the things on that clip are him setting up the tap ins (his goals are the direct free kick, header etc). Not sure you were looking at the right player

Back