• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

It'll probably be news to everyone at the club who has been trying to land a striker over the past few weeks that we don't need one after all.

Come on guys- we can recognise that this has mostly been an enormously successful transfer window while also recognising that, short of us pulling a rabbit out of a hat, we've failed at our goal of getting a new striker and left ourselves very short up front.

This nails it.

I forgot about Zyro too - I've still never seen him play!

I did - when he played before he almost had his leg removed then he showed enough competence in the front role to be more than useful

A slight risk is that none of us know whether he can get back to that level & grow further seeing as how he had only had a few games here by then anyway

We sign Ashley Barnes and he gets 20+ this season, reminds me of when Big Chris was first touted to a move to Wolves.... :)

Which is all well and vood until you get the ball in the box anx he's not there as happened regularly Saturday. He was also far to slow to react, think, and has no pace

We don't play a "get the ball into the box and have a striker there to get on the end of it" type of game though. The most important thing about the forward in this system is being able to bring others into play, and to make it possible for everyone to share in scoring. That's why Bonatini drops deep all the time, he's not *meant* to be hanging around in the box all the time, and it's also why signing eg a Jordan Rhodes type wouldn't make sense.

Firstly, I quite like Bonatini, good movement, controls the ball well and 2 goals so far. Secondly, bit irritated we let Nouha go without a replacement lined up, only 1 senior striker is pretty silly. Thirdly, annoyed that Graham has gone to Fulham, I really rate him and think Fulham are considerably stronger after today.

Fourthly, we've still brought in some quality players but like all fans I want MORE!

It'll probably be news to everyone at the club who has been trying to land a striker over the past few weeks that we don't need one after all.

Come on guys- we can recognise that this has mostly been an enormously successful transfer window while also recognising that, short of us pulling a rabbit out of a hat, we've failed at our goal of getting a new striker and left ourselves very short up front.

Exactly as I see it.

Absolutely. People on here were convinced that the fire sale of forwards would not have taken place without at least one replacement lined up. What is clear is we had no replacements lined up and have been scrambling around trying to find one. Which makes the sale of Dicko even more baffling.

Looking forward to your Anti-Fosun rant at 23:01

Absolutely. People on here were convinced that the fire sale of forwards would not have taken place without at least one replacement lined up. What is clear is we had no replacements lined up and have been scrambling around trying to find one. Which makes the sale of Dicko even more baffling.

Stop calling it a fire sale!!

Bod
Mason
Dicko

Replaced with
Jota
Leo

and it looks like Wilson will be given his chance and Zyro is returning.

No doubt we want another forward player but if we don't get one we are still fine and the one thing we are not doing is scrambling around. Just because people are shitting out their lungs in panic on Twitter doesn't mean Jeff and Co are sat there phoning up clubs begging for players. I think they deserve some respect after this Window, they know what they are doing.

If true PSV pulled the plug on Locadia while he was doing his medical. Not sure how we're supposed to account for that.

Which solicited my response. It's the same remarks over and over and it's really fucking boring. You deserve every response you get IMO (as that's allowed).

The difference being I do not swear at you. What has been boring and predictable (apart from your predictable rants) is everyone saying we would not build a nice house without a roof. I cannot understand the fire sale of forwards with no replacements lined up up. It is just crazy, a couple of injuries and we will be struggling.

Two and a half hours left.

If true PSV pulled the plug on Locadia while he was doing his medical. Not sure how we're supposed to account for that.

By making sure we have more than one senior striker on the books should the deal fall through.

My favourite Tweet of the day basically said if we don't sign a striker then it was a waste of time signing Neves and Jota.

I cannot understand the fire sale of forwards with no replacements lined up

Mason - Jota
Bod - Leo
Dicko - ?? (Currently Wilson and a returning Zyro)

(With Ivan and Costa to join the party)

Shove the term fire sale where the sun doesn't shine will ya

My favourite Tweet of the day basically said if we don't sign a striker then it was a waste of time signing Neves and Jota.

Exactly - they will just be standing around now not knowing what to do :icon_biggrin:

Back