• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Going after O'Shea makes me think that Thelwell is still pulling the strings.

As I said in a post after I posted that, it was probably his agent making Sunderland give him the offer he wanted to stay. It is also possible that there was some interest from us had the combo of Thelwell and Lambert remained in charge...Yes I reckon that this was the "quality" of player Lambert would want in his great British squad

Few saying its Jordan Graham on his way, I would be very surprised at that he's very active on twitter and seems happy enough. Could be a massive player for us this season would be gutted if he went.

I've been dreaming of Graham and Costa on both wings and I think there is a strong argument they are better than our wing wizards Jarvis and Kights who tore the division to bits.
Edwards or Batth please not Graham!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

As I said in a post after I posted that, it was probably his agent making Sunderland give him the offer he wanted to stay. It is also possible that there was some interest from us had the combo of Thelwell and Lambert remained in charge...Yes I reckon that this was the "quality" of player Lambert would want in his great British squad

Thanks Darlo. Personally I don't think he would have greatly improved our squad, and you are probably correct that his agent got O'Shea the deal he wanted at Sunderland.

Sounds like it's Nouha. And if he's off, we better have 2-3 top forwards lined up to come in!

Thanks Darlo. Personally I don't think he would have greatly improved our squad, and you are probably correct that his agent got O'Shea the deal he wanted at Sunderland.

I think Johnny was a bit over the top with you Frank. IF we really were after O'Shea then you are on the money in thinking that would be a Thelwell move. However, the story appears to have absolutely no foundation at all, and our "cooling interest" never seems to have existed at all anyway. So it is just a nothing story, and proves not a thing either way.

Our summer business, when it happens, will show where the balance of power lies. To look at the start, I cannot envisage any circumstances where Miranda or Ofosu-Ayeh would have been on the Thelwell radar.

Sounds like it's Nouha. And if he's off, we better have 2-3 top forwards lined up to come in!

Based on last season it's not a massive loss as long as we sign a quality striker (I'm sure we will).

I think Johnny was a bit over the top with you Frank. IF we really were after O'Shea then you are on the money in thinking that would be a Thelwell move. However, the story appears to have absolutely no foundation at all, and our "cooling interest" never seems to have existed at all anyway. So it is just a nothing story, and proves not a thing either way.

Our summer business, when it happens, will show where the balance of power lies. To look at the start, I cannot envisage any circumstances where Miranda or Ofosu-Ayeh would have been on the Thelwell radar.

It was a joke. (A misjudged one clearly).

As you and Darlo have pointed out we have already signed 3 defenders and it's just an agent trying to drive up his clients position in negotiations. I thought that was obvious. My mistake.

Wouldn't be surprised if Danny has put in a transfer request, at this stage of his career he won't want play 2nd (or 3rd) fiddle to Miranda, Bennet and Hause

The fact that it's described as a surprise departure would assume that its not Costa as that wouldn't be if a premier lg team wanted to throw enough money at us

Only ones I wouldn't want it to be apart from him are Graham & Cavaleiro (& to a slightly lesser extent Hause or Iorfa) - anyone else is fine

Doesn't look like he's going:

078b0571438fdd69b42e579c9d46feba.png

Suggestions on Twitter that Assombolonga has started following Batth and RT'ed Jordan Graham. Doesn't look like it to me...

Batth and Graham to Forest then. Seriously, I wouldn't want Assombolonga solely based on his fitness issues. If he was that good he'd have gone elsewhere by now.

Hause has retweeted Jordan Graham's post on Twitter with the words "let's get it bro".

So either they're playing a rather foolish game or they're staying. As I said earlier, I think it'll be Nouha that's the "surprise" departure.

Hause has retweeted Jordan Graham's post on Twitter with the words "let's get it bro".

So either they're playing a rather foolish game or they're staying. As I said earlier, I think it'll be Nouha that's the "surprise" departure.

I reckon it's Edwards so there....

Back