• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Cavaleiro was the best player on the pitch against Fulham in that role, they really struggled to contain him throughout the game. And he wasn't at full fitness at that point either. Backed up by Ronan, Bright and MGW I'm not too worried about that.

Cavaleiro was the best player on the pitch against Fulham in that role, they really struggled to contain him throughout the game. And he wasn't at full fitness at that point either. Backed up by Ronan, Bright and MGW I'm not too worried about that.

I reckon Marshall could play there too.

Penny to a pound I'll still be subjected to Dave flapping about in that role at some point, playing like a really, really, really shit second striker.

I keep forgetting about Marshall. Really good footballer I think, we have good strength in depth in some areas. If we can get together some decent signings in our weak areas we could actually have a team capable of playing some good football.

And yes - we will inevitably be subjected to Dave as the ten but I hope Nuno susses his role out quickly and that it's only when we are protecting a lead for example. As a squad player I don't have an issue with Dave as he's clearly a good character and a leader but he shouldn't be starting regularly.

So here we go. First day of pre-season training with all the players reporting back (how quickly has that gone?!). First proper day of Nuno in charge and he gets to see his players in person for the first time.

Just missing Hause & Iorfa. Not sure when they are due back or if they have been given any extra time off to cover being away on bench duty for the U21's

Being linked to Felix Wiedwald by a German webpage (spox.com).

Goalkeeper for Werder Bremen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Wiedwald

Wouldn't surprise me if they were looking to totally gut their backline (much like we are), they had the worst defensive record in the division last season. He's not one I'd be looking to sign.

I keep forgetting about Marshall. Really good footballer I think, we have good strength in depth in some areas. If we can get together some decent signings in our weak areas we could actually have a team capable of playing some good football.

And yes - we will inevitably be subjected to Dave as the ten but I hope Nuno susses his role out quickly and that it's only when we are protecting a lead for example. As a squad player I don't have an issue with Dave as he's clearly a good character and a leader but he shouldn't be starting regularly.

I would hope we use 3 of Graham, Marshall, Costa, Cav and MGW behind a new striker and in front of a new central midfielder playing with Ronan/ Saiss. We are very well stocked for the 3 behind the striker it's just getting them the ball through a midfield with the creativity of a Theresa May speech.

I would expect to see a new striker, left back and central midfielder this week. I think that may be it coming in with a fair few going out including Dangerous.

I wonder how Prince will do on his return. Will he want to pop off back to France or will this manager utilise him in the correct way

I'd really like to see:

-------Dicko/new--------
Graham - Cav - Costa
--Ronan - Saiss/new--

Not sure about Prince, but he didn't get much of a chance.

Gladon has left the building (but only on loan)

DDPIYGdWsAA-Fa0.jpg

He will be missed

Mainly by the restuarants in the Wolverhampton area

Norwich have said that Howson is available for £5M (Leeds interested). I'd be all over that.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were looking to totally gut their backline (much like we are), they had the worst defensive record in the division last season. He's not one I'd be looking to sign.

German buddy of mine says he's a "good keeper but they don't seem to rate him at Bremen. Too good for the Championship but it's a possibility if the money is right".

Probably not much in it, though. He's being linked with every man and his dog at the moment.

I don't think Cav is a no.10 really. I wanted to see him there because it meant no Dave Edwards

I think I'll cry (tears of joy, obvs) if Dave does go

German buddy of mine says he's a "good keeper but they don't seem to rate him at Bremen. Too good for the Championship but it's a possibility if the money is right".

Probably not much in it, though. He's being linked with every man and his dog at the moment.

Your mates don't rate anybody we're after it seems..

Confusing post. He does, they dont, or he does and then he doesnt... Stop leading us on Jinks.

Confusing post. He does, they dont, or he does and then he doesnt... Stop leading us on Jinks.

How is it confusing? He rates him, but is saying Bremen don't. He's saying he thinks he's too good for the championship.

I do trust him, but like everyone it's only an opinion of his own. He's a German lad who lives over here. He's a Freiburg fan and flies back home to see about 10 of their games a season - so as far as potential German signings go, he's my go to guy!

Good day for shipping out the chaff

qba64vm.png

Back