• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

"Possible surprise departure".

So long as it's not Hause or Costa, I don't mind.

The only players leaving that would really piss me off is Costa and Cav.....would like to see if Graham comes back firing too. Think Hause can develop into a good player but not that bothered

It could well be Doherty. Then again, we're not that lucky.

I do think that whether Batth stays or goes will depend on his attitude after he is informed that he is no longer captain and I doubt he'd even be vice captain either

If there was a surprise departure and the rumours of Miranda coming in to be captain are true then I hope we learn from history and make sure the previous captain isn't at the club any more, so Batth.

My curve ball would be Marshall, he came to play for Lambert and the way he sat on the sidelines getting fat at Blackburn shows he has the capacity to throw his teddies out of the pram.

If there was a surprise departure and the rumours of Miranda coming in to be captain are true then I hope we learn from history and make sure the previous captain isn't at the club any more, so Batth.

My curve ball would be Marshall, he came to play for Lambert and the way he sat on the sidelines getting fat at Blackburn shows he has the capacity to throw his teddies out of the pram.

I thought he was sidelined by management at Blackburn because he wouldn't sign a new contract rather than doing so of his own accord to force a move?

I thought he was sidelined by management at Blackburn because he wouldn't sign a new contract rather than doing so of his own accord to force a move?
Yes he was, but rather than training with the U23's waiting for the move to come to Wolves which everyone knew would happen at the back end of the window, he spent his time getting fat, meaning we had to write off his first month with us while he got himself fit again.

As long as its not Costa or cav I am not fussed. If Iorfa or Hause have had their head turned best they go rather than do an Afobe . My feelings on the rest of the squad is that we can do better, many are adequate mid championship players but not for where we want to be . So if the only two survivors from last season are Costa and cav I won't be upset as long as each newcomer is an upgrade.

I can believe there will be wholesale changes. This lot have had over two seasons and not challenged and are not getting any better. New keeper, cm , striker and left back to come in the next few weeks at a guess with three our four leaving. Pure guess work mind, so no rumours here!

not sure why we'd be surprised at anyone departing tbh.

I think it'll be Batth. Club captains don't usually head into pre season as 4th choice in their position.

Mate just said Real Betis in for Nouha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think it'll be Batth. Club captains don't usually head into pre season as 4th choice in their position.

Agreed, for the same reason. I also don't buy the Iorfa rumours, I don't see why we'd let a player like him with that potential go to a rival for promotion like Derby just because of one bad season.

There is of course the extra thing to consider here which is that our general view of some players is very different to that of some journalists and/or coaches. Players like Doherty, Edwards, Coady, Ikeme, etc., who we don't particularly rate, but the footballing establishment does. There haven't been any rumours around any players leaving from that group, but you never know.

Couple of big signings coming in, Edwards going out.....if Carlsberg did pre-season.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We will never get tid of Edwards. Ever. I'm convinced he will end up manager

Back