• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Udinese, Granada, Watford. Hardly a surprise with the Pozzos. They get some benefit from him until he qualifies for work permit at Watford. Recently on loan at Malaga as well. We certainly wouldn't get a permit for him if Watford can't

Sorry, badly phrased on my part. Yes, owned by Watford but being farmed out until he's eligible.

He cost a fair whack from my memory too. Something like £12m.

Remember seeing Penaranda play for Granada last season and he looked quality. Commentators were saying at the time that he was highly rated but he's barely played this season. Debatable how much he actually cost Watford too as they signed him from Udinese.

https://translate.google.com/transl...4&u=http://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=198199

'Could even be made captain'.

It's gone very quiet, do we expect an influx of signings by July 1st? I think we need to try to get the majority of our business done before the first day of pre-season. Ideally Nuno would be able to work with his own squad in order to prepare for the season, as pre-season is the best opportunity we are going to get in terms of developing a system, patterns of play, defensive set up etc as once the season starts it is pretty relentless and you don't get a lot of time to work on these things then.

https://translate.google.com/transl...4&u=http://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=198199

'Could even be made captain'.

It's gone very quiet, do we expect an influx of signings by July 1st? I think we need to try to get the majority of our business done before the first day of pre-season. Ideally Nuno would be able to work with his own squad in order to prepare for the season, as pre-season is the best opportunity we are going to get in terms of developing a system, patterns of play, defensive set up etc as once the season starts it is pretty relentless and you don't get a lot of time to work on these things then.

That was certainly the message at Nuno's presser, they wanted the majority of the transfers done before we go away to Austria.

If the rumour is true about the kit then I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of new players announced at the same time.

That would be worth it just to see Spiers meltdown over it :icon_lol:

Nah we'll most probably see something like this again.

home-4x367-3108402_613x460.jpg

Still rumours on Twitter about us signing Diogo Goncalves, although the same Portuguese journo that linked us a few days ago did say Arsenal were interested too so I wont read too much into that one.

Still rumours on Twitter about us signing Diogo Goncalves, although the same Portuguese journo that linked us a few days ago did say Arsenal were interested too so I wont read too much into that one.

FWIW, Timbo has said he's "not on Wolves radar".

Regards making Miranda captain, I'm fairly sure that'll upset the apple-cart, if true.

Regards making Miranda captain, I'm fairly sure that'll upset the apple-cart, if true.

What apple cart? The one that included Batth, Edwards, Doherty, etc.?

What apple cart? The one that included Batth, Edwards, Doherty, etc.?

Yeah. I'm not saying it's a bad thing - great that the Manager may be looking for someone to come in for that role, but you wonder how it will impact on the current group of players (and I include the players worth keeping in that too).

Signing tomorrow then.

About bloody time too. Edwards, Doherty and Batth can be so upset they hand in immediate free transfer requests for all I care.

Yeah. I'm not saying it's a bad thing - great that the Manager may be looking for someone to come in for that role, but you wonder how it will impact on the current group of players (and I include the players worth keeping in that too).

Show them the league table from the last two seasons, tell them to pipe down. Job done.

If Nuno takes no prisoners as suggested by Lycan and Neill Collins' blog then if anybody did start acting the dick it sounds like he'd squash it.

They can act the dick...if they fancy leaving or training on a pitch far away from the 1st team.

Sadly for fans of a Timbo meltdown he is now on his hols until the team go to Austria.

Back