• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

This is exactly it. I've seen Blues fans rating their window as a 10/10 and Wolves fans saying we've 'thrown away promotion' because we didn't get a second striker in. We've had a MUCH better window than them, they just got a few good buys in on deadline day.

Aye suppose its all about timing and managing expectations (which is virtually impossible with football fans), would have loved another striker in "he could have been the final piece to the jigsaw"

No doubt some people will use this as a stick to beat the club everytime we don't win (sadly even some of our own fans will take great pleasure in doing this).

But never mind life goes on and we have a good enough squad to be at the top end of the table and strengthen in January.

A very calm, measured and sensible response from JS.

anybody can compile a list of the available free agents that are strikers when I listen to white lion, skid row etc?

now, poison with alice cooper(uncensored version of course ;))

Skid Row was more than acceptable. Slave to the Grind is a magnificent album.

Poison era Alice though is not his best shall we say...

It is a good album. Subhuman Race was pretty good as well if I remember rightly.

Pretty much what everyone had been trying to say, but I'm sure Frank will ignore every word.

Surprised a striker wasn't the priority though.

I have read every word, and I thought that he explained the clubs position very clearly.

I had no idea about Batigol. Awful stuff. I'll remember his performances against United in 2000 until I'm done, sensational. Stuck in a Juve bar who couldn't help but admire him which says it all really.

sorry, not read all the thread, what has happened to Batistuta?

Batistuta and Biano at Fiorentina was fantastic. Loved watching them pair score back in the day.

His ankles are fucked basically. Can barely walk.

80s/90s medical treatment was essentially "pump you full of Cortisone and get out there". It never ends well.

that sounds awful, one of my fav strikers

According to Tim we tried to sign 3 strikers in the last hour. Hmm, is Jeff lying or Tim?

didnt go through and we let Dicko and Graham go to Hull and Fulham, my main issue with our window..and not getting a striker in before selling Dicko

I'm not certain that I buy Jeff's talk about a midfielder being the priority yesterday, honestly. You don't get your priority on loan and then try and spend 10 million on a position that you don't need filling, even when you've got the money to play with that we have.

Price and Ronan is better cover than Alfred N'Dioye IMO

Price and Ronan is better cover than Alfred N'Dioye IMO

Different kinds of players though aren't they? N'Daiye as cover for Saïss and Price/Ronan as cover for Neves.

didnt go through and we let Dicko and Graham go to Hull and Fulham, my main issue with our window..and not getting a striker in before selling Dicko

Right, let's nail this...
Jeff; "So Nuno, we've had an offer of £3.5m for Nouha which is pretty good for his massive goal haul last season, what do you think?"

Nuno; "He's not in my plans, can't play in my 3-4-3 formation as he couldn't trap wind."

Jeff; "But should we hold on to him until we bring in a replacement?"

Nuno; "Why? He's not in my plans, can't play in my 3-4-3 formation as he couldn't trap wind. Take the money"

Jeff; "Ah, ok then"

a goalscorer is a goalscorer no matter system, a good player can adapt to different systems..just think it was crazy to let them go to Hull and Fulham because I rate both players, thats all..

Back