• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Anyone who believes Shi when he said their "top priority" was N'Daiye is kidding themselves. Absolute BS from our man Jeff, and the worst thing is, he expects the fans to buy it.

Quite obviously we were desperate for a striker and failed miserably.

I'm still happy with the squad, but don't try and pull the wool over our eyes, Jeff. That's not cool.

I think you have it pretty fair there Jinks. Even if Jeff believes that it is completely counter to what Nuno said about the striker being the most important big signing.

Saying that, it is crying over spilt milk. We are where we are, and we must make the best of it, and I do genuinely believe that Leo will give us a decent return.

Plus Alfred (with help from DW) has given us the potential for the greatest song on the South Bank in years.

a goalscorer is a goalscorer no matter system, a good player can adapt to different systems..just think it was crazy to let them go to Hull and Fulham because I rate both players, thats all..

What do you think of Dicko Fred? I can't work it out.

a goalscorer is a goalscorer no matter system, a good player can adapt to different systems..just think it was crazy to let them go to Hull and Fulham because I rate both players, thats all..

But since his injury Dicko has shown himself to be anything but a goalscorer.

Dicko hasn't been "a goalscorer" on any kind of regular basis since 2014. Geez Fred, have a look at his record since his injury

we still have an amazing squad mind..best transfer window ever but just that top striker and it would have been 100%..or that we kept dicko and graham

Dicko hasn't been "a goalscorer" on any kind of regular basis since 2014. Geez Fred, have a look at his record since his injury

he was getting up to speed, why Hull wanted him if he is so bad?

send him to a L1 or L2 club then

he was getting up to speed, why Hull wanted him if he is so bad?
Why did Reading spend £1m on a midfielder you don't rate?
Why did Reading buy a striker with a return the same as Dicko from the previous season?

Why did Reading spend £1m on a midfielder you don't rate?
Why did Reading buy a striker with a return the same as Dicko from the previous season?

because they have a shit scout or DOF and dont see potential

because they have a shit scout or DOF and dont see potential
Pop that answer under you own question. Say "cheers me" and pop out in to the Swedish night and enjoy life and stop worrying about little pointless things in life

Pop that answer under you own question. Say "cheers me" and pop out in to the Swedish night and enjoy life and stop worrying about little pointless things in life

Easy answer

Different players have strengths and weaknesses. You wouldn't play Jamie Vardy in a system which relies on its striker(s) as a target man but there's no question or slight on his ability he simply does not fit that system, nor would you play Peter Crouch on the shoulder of the last defender. This is the scenario with Dicko, there's no knocking him or his ability he just does not fit our new style.

We wouldn't get the best out of Dicko in this system and the formation is such that if Dicko wasn't performing to a high standard it would directly affect the performances of Bright and Jota. You continually saying Dicko should stay is almost Lambertesque, playing Edwards to the detriment of other members of the team and even when Edwards(/Dicko)scored it was personal glory rather than collective because the individual gets the plaudits but the team continues to struggle.

He had to go.

send him to a L1 or L2 club then

You can only sell someone to a team who wants him. Hull have just lost their main forward and Dicko's goal was against them (in stoppage time) so they offer cash. We accept. It really isn't rocket science...

However I will say that I did want another forward minimum but we will just have to do with a choice of any 3 from Jota, Leo, Cav, Costa, Bright, Wilson ;)

I know football is just a game but one i like, so we will see who is right

Different players have strengths and weaknesses. You wouldn't play Jamie Vardy in a system which relies on its striker(s) as a target man but there's no question or slight on his ability he simply does not fit that system, nor would you play Peter Crouch on the shoulder of the last defender. This is the scenario with Dicko, there's no knocking him or his ability he just does not fit our new style.

We wouldn't get the best out of Dicko in this system and the formation is such that if Dicko wasn't performing to a high standard it would directly affect the performances of Bright and Jota. You continually saying Dicko should stay is almost Lambertesque, playing Edwards to the detriment of other members of the team and even when Edwards(/Dicko)scored it was personal glory rather than collective because the individual gets the plaudits but the team continues to struggle.

He had to go.

why locking yourself down as play just one system all season though..pretty easy to read after awhile, no?

I know football is just a game but one i like, so we will see who is right
There's no right or wrong in this situation Fred.
Dicko did not suit our formation and style, whether he bangs 40 goals in for Hull or not, he didn't suit how we play, you've been told this countless times already.

We obviously wanted a striker and let's be honest we need one. You don't propose to spend 10 million as a Championship club for a player you don't think is important.
As far as the players out go I've no problem but surely Dicko would be better cover than Wilson.

Back