• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I said it last night, Teddy Sheringham. Couldn't run when he was 21. If you had him at his peak he'd be absolutely ideal for this system.

Can't grow sideburns though.

Just wonder whether twitter would be a happier place if Jota had been one of our deadline day signings as well (Cav would have been used in the position he played in the early games & not sure that that would have been any worse)

Sometimes some people just want that last minute fix

We missed out on our main target for whatever reason. The reason doesn't matter, I just find it strange that we put all our eggs in one basket. And it is even stranger that we did not bring another striker in before letting Dicko go.

Just wonder whether twitter would be a happier place if Jota had been one of our deadline day signings as well (Cav would have been used in the position he played in the early games & not sure that that would have been any worse)

Sometimes some people just want that last minute fix

This is exactly it. I've seen Blues fans rating their window as a 10/10 and Wolves fans saying we've 'thrown away promotion' because we didn't get a second striker in. We've had a MUCH better window than them, they just got a few good buys in on deadline day.

I've not read anything about him? I have some catching up to do it seems.

His ankles are fucked basically. Can barely walk.

80s/90s medical treatment was essentially "pump you full of Cortisone and get out there". It never ends well.

I just find it strange that we put all our eggs in one basket. And it is even stranger that we did not bring another striker in before letting Dicko go.

A question for Nuno as he would have given the green light for it to happen. Hopefully Timmy will have got over the distress of the last week and ask that question when he is next allowed to see him (I presume next Friday ahead of the Millwall game). My guess will be he will say he was happy to let him go as he thought he had the cover regardless of a potential incoming. End of the day, his call and if it goes tits up he is the one that pays for it (and we know our owners are pretty brutal when they need to be)

His ankles are fucked basically. Can barely walk.

80s/90s medical treatment was essentially "pump you full of Cortisone and get out there". It never ends well.
Oh man, an incredible shame for the guy. Loved watching him play.

Cheers mate.

He was bloody brilliant. If we're just talking 90s, then for me it's Ronaldo, Shearer, Batigol, then the rest.

He was bloody brilliant. If we're just talking 90s, then for me it's Ronaldo, Shearer, Batigol, then the rest.
There were definitely some top quality strikers around then, I do wonder how some would fare in today's game, although I think those 3 you named would still be able to do it, Shearer would probably pick up a fair few cards to say the least.

Anyway, I didn't want to derail the thread with talk about older strikers so my apologies!

Pretty much what everyone had been trying to say, but I'm sure Frank will ignore every word.

Surprised a striker wasn't the priority though.

Yeah, I think pretty much everything he says made sense there IMO. We wanted to upgrade for the better of the team but it wasn't possible and we weren't going to upgrade for the sake of it.

Interesting he mentioned Oniangue. Only thing I thought was a bit weird though was how he gave his own opinion on some players, but maybe he meant this was Nuno's view front speaking with him. Jeff doesn't come across as the type to enforce his opinion anyway

Only thing I thought was a bit weird though was how he gave his own opinion on some players, but maybe he meant this was Nuno's view front speaking with him. Jeff doesn't come across as the type to enforce his opinion anyway

Suspect that he was talking in the voice of the 'Wolves we' rather than just his personal opinion

Prince must have a part to play. I find it impossible to believe that there was no interest in him from other clubs.

Back