• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Just looking at free agent strikers. Claudio Pizarro hasn't retired yet.

Get it done Jeffrey.

Ricky Lambert also available.

We've signed Ming-yang Yang? Is he a striker? If so, all that panicking for nothing..

Nash saying we pulled out of the Locadia deal as agent fee and signing on fee were too much, and also that we made approaches for Martin and Remy

I read that, not too sure how true any of it is but it does sound as if Thelwell was clutching at straws to keep his job. He failed.

The irony of not being able to agree an agent's fee did make me smile. As for Remy Martin, I think Nash may well have been on that last night.

We've signed Ming-yang Yang? Is he a striker? If so, all that panicking for nothing..

And Jose Nuno Rodrigues Xavier, who is a striker. 20 years old. Are we literally just signing players to get our U23 squad promoted I wonder?

I'm just watching the interview Wolves have put up with Yang. His english is not too bad but Burrows (or whoever it is) is painful to listen. 'HOW.... EXCITED...ARE YOU.... TO BE HERE?'.

I'm just watching the interview Wolves have put up with Yang. His english is not too bad but Burrows (or whoever it is) is painful to listen. 'HOW.... EXCITED...ARE YOU.... TO BE HERE?'.

I hate Burrows. His interviews are always awful. He did the same in his first one with Nuno.

was out last night so missed most of the fun and games. I guess like most a little disappointed we didn't nail a striker purchase and i'm not sure we'd have sold Dicko if we knew we wouldn't, but it's happened now and we move on. I couldn't say whether Locadia was the right man to play striker - the YT clips seem to show him playing mainly wide with the ball in front of him. who knows, not getting someone now could be a blessing in disguise - the squad hasn't had a huge time together and early games show there'll be times we struggle to break teams down and make chances. we're going to have to find a way to do that with the talented players we've currently got and the formation we play and providing we're not losing many points finding that out it could be beneficial.

I honestly can't understand anybody wishing we still had Eddo to throw on and run around like the proverbial fowl looking for his head ... :shake:

Nash saying we pulled out of the Locadia deal as agent fee and signing on fee were too much, and also that we made approaches for Martin and Remy

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, fair play to Wolves for not being held over a barrel and shafted by a greedy agent. But on the other hand, Jeff Shi has continually said money is "not an issue", so as this was a key signing for us and left us with two hours of the window left and no back up plan, just pay the money & get the player on board with a message to his agent that we won't ever deal with the greedy prick again.

Thought we may have been in for Martin after they signed Sam Winnall. Shame we couldn't make that happen.

There's quite a few decent ish players without a club at the moment.

Why does Tremoulinas not have a club? Injury?

Chamakh is available...

There's quite a few decent ish players without a club at the moment.

Why does Tremoulinas not have a club? Injury?

Chamakh is available...

Ruptured his meniscus before the 2016 Europa League final and hasn't been seen since.

That would explain it then...

I love the fact a few said get Guiseppe Rossi in. The bloke is massively broken and with a 4th major injury..

Back