• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I seem to read more about Spiers as a reliable source from very unreliable sources than I do his actual work, and I use that word loosely.

Last edited:
Tim says it's disastrous we've not bought a striker in I'd say that's very extreme.

This scenario is what that cunt probably most desires. Something which he can relentlessly bash the club over.

Never mind he's been pushing the FFP fallacy for most of summer, he'll now be representative of the bellends demanding we spent big money.

Irritating. Disappointing. Yes. Both of those. Disaster is nonsense though. But Tim will do what Tim does.

Tim says it's disastrous we've not bought a striker in I'd say that's very extreme.

A bit hyperbolic, maybe, but not totally unwarranted.

A top-class striker in this system pulls the whole team together. The failure to secure one is a hell of a blow.

SSN - Middlesbrough have turned down bids from Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves for midfielder Adam Forshaw.

I'd say it's very disappointing and with a couple of exceptions it's hypocritical of people on here to claim otherwise.

However we aren't as barren as is being made out. Leo is not some $#@! clogger (I would 100% have him over Barnes or Hugill) and the way we are set up is very different from needing a Bully/SEB type.

I agree as I've said one injury to Leo and you're totally reliant on Cav, Zyro or Wilson plus if fit Leo knows he's pretty much guaranteed a to start so a serious lack of competition.

A bit hyperbolic, maybe, but not totally unwarranted.

A top-class striker in this system pulls the whole team together. The failure to secure one is a hell of a blow.

I would say your last sentence is also a bit hyperbolic. We have a striker in, and he is scoring. Obviously I would have preferrred something that meant he was back up but cest la vie. If he gets injured, however, we now would be bereft of cover for him, and that is my concern.

Come on magic pre deadline papers

Of course its disappointing but I never understand the extremes some fans take it to.

It would have been a boost to the squad that we needed but it isn't make or break with regards to our promotion chances.

However its impossible to deny that we were all expecting a striker to arrive after we allowed Dicko to leave. Sure, we nay have been fucked over by PSV but that's business and it happens. We haven't failed in many areas this summer but we have tonight. We'll learn from that but we come away from the summer transfer window in a MUCH stronger position than we started it.

Tonight hasn't ruined the window - it's just not the end any of us wanted. I don't believe it'll be decisive in our fate in May.

N'Diaye signed on season long loan

I think he'll be a bench warmer stroke cup game player.

Bleurgh. I wouldn't say I'd rather have Edwards, but not far off.

Yeah, I guess the plan is N'Diaye as back up to Saiss, and Price for Neves. Hopefully we don't need them too often!

A bit disappointed we didn't sign a striker if I'm honest. I'd still put dicko above our other options

Anyway, I've sorted it. Prince didn't go anywhere. We started off playing him as sort of a DM. Then we put him on the left wing. Then Bastia put him on the right wing. The natural progression is to bang him up top. Better goalscoring record than Nouha and Bod lately too.

#CrownthePrince

Hopefully we can bang a few in against Millwall and go some way to silencing a few people. If not I fear the honeymoon period may start to end and the atmosphere may turn if we get on a mediocre run

Anyway, I've sorted it. Prince didn't go anywhere. We started off playing him as sort of a DM. Then we put him on the left wing. Then Bastia put him on the right wing. The natural progression is to bang him up top. Better goalscoring record than Nouha and Bod lately too.

#CrownthePrince
I'm very here for this.

Hopefully we can bang a few in against Millwall and go some way to silencing a few people. If not I fear the honeymoon period may start to end and the atmosphere may turn if we get on a mediocre run

You reckon? Because we've let Nouha Dicko go and we'll have to bring Ivan Cavaleiro on up front instead?

Can't see it.

Leo, Jota, Costa, Bright, Cav, Zyro, Marshall, Wilson.

You need to make a front three out of those for four months. It's hardly panic stations is it. I'd rather have brought in Locadia, Aboubakar, Afobe or whoever as well, but you can't have everything. People get ahead of themselves at times, we're in the Championship. How many PL or even CL players do you think we can sign?

Back