• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

It isn't a balls up if the other club pull out in the middle of the medical is it?

Jesus

I get fans are disappointed we haven't signed a striker i can understand that but i can't be dealing with the lets hope we're still in touch or in the top 10 bollocks i'm seeing. It's like we haven't got any decent players and like Jota, Costa, Cav, Bonatini will not score goals. Who's to say the striker we signed would have scored goals or not got injured.

I think we've had a great window. Would've liked a striker but not overly concerned as Wilson is good enough.

I would've preferred a RWB to come in.

I've kept my powder dry, but this morning everyone, but everyone said we needed a striker, we haven't signed one, you can't sugarcoat that it's extremely disappointing. No point try to be revisionist and saying we've had a good window (we have) or Cav can play there - he did twice last season and was poor be it in a different formation or Zyro who hasn't started a game for 18 months is an option. We are light up front and there's no hiding from that, we could get away with it Bonatini could make it, although from the limited amount I've seen I'd put him down as a good reserve rather than a starter. I still don't regret letting any of those forwards who left doing so, bug lets not pretend the failure to bring someone else in today isn't a balls up as it clearly is.

I thought Cav was ok in his two games up top. Norwich and Villa? We hoofed the ball at him which isn't great but he gave it a decent go. Then he looked good vs Leicester in pre-season.

Not saying that would be my ideal solution, as I have said I wanted us to sign someone and if the right player(s) were there we should have signed someone.

I get fans are disappointed we haven't signed a striker i can understand that but i can't be dealing with the lets hope we're still in touch or in the top 10 bollocks i'm seeing. It's like we haven't got any decent players and like Jota, Costa, Cav, Bonatini will not score goals. Who's to say the striker we signed would have scored goals or not got injured.

We seem to be well in touch right fucking now

Really wanted a forward, really expected a forward, a little deflated we haven't signed a forward, trust the manager to know his mind and glad we haven't panicked by signing any old dross just to make the fans say "yay, we've signed a forward".

The roof, the roof, the roof is on FIRE (sale).

I've kept my powder dry, but this morning everyone, but everyone said we needed a striker, we haven't signed one, you can't sugarcoat that it's extremely disappointing. No point try to be revisionist and saying we've had a good window (we have) or Cav can play there - he did twice last season and was poor be it in a different formation or Zyro who hasn't started a game for 18 months is an option. We are light up front and there's no hiding from that, we could get away with it Bonatini could make it, although from the limited amount I've seen I'd put him down as a good reserve rather than a starter. I still don't regret letting any of those forwards who left doing so, bug lets not pretend the failure to bring someone else in today isn't a balls up as it clearly is.

Yep, I think that's pretty much how I feel about today. I'm not going to whinge and complain about it ("there's words coming out of your mouth and you're complaining, you're whingeing"), but I'm also not going to deny a good deal of disappointment is being felt in Dire Wolf Towers...

Am obviously disappointed that a striker didn't arrive today, but am satisfied that we thought we had targets identified and we did all we could. If the stories of Locadia deal being pulled after his medical there is not a lot we can do, and I'd rather we didn't get anybody than sign anybody just so we sign someone.

The squad is massively stronger than last season, players that needed to go have gone and we have players like Neves and Jota that should be nowhere near Molineux.

Disappointing today, but overall a very strong and successful window.

I think that is fair enough Jinks. But the 99% is still awesome and we need to keep that in mind.
Yeah, but that final 1% is the most important bit as it gets you where you want to be.

Massively disappointing day.

It's a measure of how very far we have come in little over 12 months that a period that included the acquisition of Ivan, Helder, Jota, Ruben, Miranda, Ruddy, Saiss, Leo, Marshall, Douglas is being considered to end disappointingly.

Am obviously disappointed that a striker didn't arrive today, but am satisfied that we thought we had targets identified and we did all we could. If the stories of Locadia deal being pulled after his medical there is not a lot we can do, and I'd rather we didn't get anybody than sign anybody just so we sign someone.

The squad is massively stronger than last season, players that needed to go have gone and we have players like Neves and Jota that should be nowhere near Molineux.

Disappointing today, but overall a very strong and successful window.

Pretty much how I feel mate.

On one hand it's a shame we couldn't get a player as good as Locadia in, and it would have been a serious statement of intent. On the other hand, maybe this well temper some expectations and actually instead of loaning in a centre midfielder, or signing a striker we will see some of the younger talents at the club get, or continue to get, an opportunity with the first team.

Gibbs-White, Herc and Goncalves should all have good reason to think they have a chance of some games if they earn it. Likewise with Bright and Ronan already getting games they should be involved plenty more and we know how good they can be.

Spiers picking up on the N'Diaye story now.

Apparently Ndayie can still sign??

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Also fair to say we won't know for sure about a forward until 1am y'all's time. If we still have the Locadia paperwork done then we get 2 extra hours to finalize and announce. (I think)

Back