• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I remember a Christmas many moons ago. I had to write a letter to Santa. I asked for a Dawes racer, Jonny 7 machine gun, a scalelectric, an Action man and Subuteo football game. I woke up on Christmas morning and I got everything except the Action man, I can still remember telling my mother that Santa was a wanker and that I would play up all the following year!

Have you carried that on for every successive year since?

I'll buy you a Scalextric if you want FFS.

That's fine... unless you sell all of your cover in the position before you get that deal over the line.

Barcelona weren't clearing out with the expectation that they'd get the Coutinho deal over the line.

But the "cover" was hopeless.

Give me one example of when you'd actually want Bodvarsson, Gladon, Mason or Dicko starting up front in this system under this manager.

But that cover would have hardly played. Only Dicko did. And we have other sub forwards

I remember a Christmas many moons ago. I had to write a letter to Santa. I asked for a Dawes racer, Jonny 7 machine gun, a scalelectric, an Action man and Subuteo football game. I woke up on Christmas morning and I got everything except the Action man, I can still remember telling my mother that Santa was a wanker and that I would play up all the following year!
Hope your Mum slapped you for swearing

That's fine... unless you sell all of your cover in the position before you get that deal over the line.

Barcelona weren't clearing out with the expectation that they'd get the Coutinho deal over the line.

Docko was not an option for us in the formation we play. The manager wanted rid. We should have kept him and not select him??

I could see Bod doing okay in this system...

:run:

Better defensively
Better shape
Better coaching
Got rid of lots of players proven to be not good enough
Better quality

But let's all melt down as Ronaldo and Diego Costa didn't sign. Wolves fans never fail to amaze me.

It's the action man he needs!

Jesus Christ though THM - If I'd have got a Scalextrix that would have been it, none of the other stuff

Really ?
Cav waa an option last seasonZyro god knows we only saw a handful of games and we know how a bad injury does for a striker with Dicko.

Bonatini i just do not see him getting 10 goals this season

He's scored 2 and had two good chances at Derby one of which he really ought to score.

You realise that would have had him level with Bod and Dicko last season?

You can't make your mind up on the back of one performance.

This thread is classic Paddy:

"A striker will be signing, ffs calm down IT WILL HAPPEN"

2 hrs later

"Everyone moaning about us not getting a striker is pathetic tbh."

:icon_lol:

But the "cover" was hopeless.

Give me one example of when you'd actually want Bodvarsson, Gladon, Mason or Dicko starting up front in this system under this manager.

In Dicko's case, if Bonatini is injured or suspended. You wouldn't hear me complaining about us shipping out the first three, but Dicko still had a role to play- he'd been in nearly every match this season, and we've replaced him with nothing.

Zyro's crocked, Wilson's a kid, and Cavaliero is largely unproven in the position. Dicko wasn't the long-term answer, sure, but shipping him out without being damned sure that we could replace him was daft.

Remember we can still sign free agents and there are plenty of those if we really want them
Barnes no thanks
Colback OK but not bothered
Locardia OK but 10 mil?

Several other names banded about none of which really set the pulse racing so let Nuno do his stuff for 4 months and we will look again in January

This thread is classic Paddy:

"A striker will be signing, ffs calm down IT WILL HAPPEN"

2 hrs later

"Everyone moaning about us not getting a striker is pathetic tbh."

:icon_lol:

Not really

You see when I made the second comment I still expected it to happen. Oh well.

In Dicko's case, if Bonatini is injured or suspended. You wouldn't hear me complaining about us shipping out the first three, but Dicko still had a role to play- he'd been in every match this season, and we've replaced him with nothing.

Zyro's crocked, Wilson's a kid, and Cavaliero is largely unproven in the position. Dicko wasn't the long-term answer, sure, but shipping him out without being damned sure that we could replace him was daft.
Clearly Nuno disagrees with the still having a role to play. He sanctioned the sale.

In Dicko's case, if Bonatini is injured or suspended. You wouldn't hear me complaining about us shipping out the first three, but Dicko still had a role to play- he'd been in every match this season, and we've replaced him with nothing.

Maybe. But if we thought Locadia was in the bag...

I actually don't think Dicko was a proper option here any more. Maybe off the bench in a game like Hull when we're purely playing on the break but beyond that, no. Definitely not in home games (hardly any teams are going to set up to attack us, they'll all sit in, sit deep and allow no space in behind to start with).

It's not an ideal situation, I wouldn't pretend that. I wanted us to sign a striker - Tiquinho, Aboubakar or Afobe would have been great - and I'm disappointed that we seemingly haven't. Definitely not losing any sleep over those that have gone though.

Docko was not an option for us in the formation we play. The manager wanted rid. We should have kept him and not select him??

I mean... he was selected. Several times.

Clearly Nuno disagrees with the still having a role to play. He sanctioned the sale.

I wonder what assurances Nuno had been made about getting a replacement in?

Back