• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

He's scored 2 goals in 4 games, you can't really ask for more than that and expect to get it.

2 in 5 league games (plus Yeovil if you want to count that).

He won't be prolific but he will be fine.

Only difference in this deadline day was we tried. Same outcone is dissapointing Bonatini is not good enough.

Just have to hope we can hang on to the top 2 until January then try and get a striker

Yeah we tried and the other club pulled out. Not a lot we can do about that, no point signing Barnes, Hugill, Rhodes etc because they are shit. Bonatini is good enough, he's got 2 in 5 without being fit and he does what he asked to do, holds it up and links the play. I think he will score more when fully fit after the international break.

So it was Mason, Bod, Dicko last season as the top three striker options for Lambert last season. Now we have Bonatini, Cav and Zyro who will be Nuno's. I would say we are in a stronger position now.
Really ?
Cav waa an option last seasonZyro god knows we only saw a handful of games and we know how a bad injury does for a striker with Dicko.

Bonatini i just do not see him getting 10 goals this season

Bonatini will be fine. He's looked pretty good so far and more than suits the way we play. Sure, he can't do it all on his own but I'm pleased we've got him.

I would have had him back here happily.

We didn't release because he was shit, same as Vokes; they just got stuck behind a long line of players and needed to move to play.
Like graham and dicko ;)

I said yesterday i wasn't too bothered if we didn't sign a striker because most of the names banded about i didn't want and why sign a striker that isn't good enough. I agree with the Dicko sale, you can't turn down that money for someone that you don't really want and i'm happy Cav, Zyro, Jota and Wilson can be backup to Bonatini who i still think will score goals. We then have Costa to come back who will score goals so i'm not that bothered however if we can get a deal over the line before 11pm and the player is half decent then fair enough.

Still early days for Bonatini and if he gets injured we then rely on Cav or Zyro playing up top. Again it's slipping into the mindset of that'll do.

Really ?
Cav waa an option last seasonZyro god knows we only saw a handful of games and we know how a bad injury does for a striker with Dicko.

Bonatini i just do not see him getting 10 goals this season

Two down, eight to go and we're not into September yet.

Has any championship club spent as much as us in a window?

#netspend isn't actually that high (without knowing what loan fees we've paid). About £11-12m.

Villa spent way more last year, net and gross.

Depends who it is surely - personally I think we are better without Dicko as it gives more opportunities for Enobakhare and Wilson to develop.
I think that's fine in theory but in practise Dicko has been preferred to them for that central striking position so far, which suggests to me that despite his flaws Nuno still felt Dicko was the best option after Bonatini. I've never been a great Dicko fan personally and have no issue with him being moved on but it's hard to say it's done anything other than weaken the squad without a replacement for him arriving.

There should be enough in the squad to make do until January, even if Bonatini was unavailable for a while you'd think they could get by but for me it very much feels like making do rather than what everyone would've been expecting.

Cav was played up front once or twice by Zenga and then never considered as a striker by Lambert at any point.

In Nuno's system I actually see Cavaleiro's way into the team with as a striker with Jota and Costa as first choice wide players when fit. Bonatini is better than Dicko, Mason or Bod. And Zyro is same boat as Dicko this time last year, returning from fitness but having actually had a pre-season where Dicko's was disrupted.

So yes, we are massively better off than last season. Bonatini will get at least ten IMO. Nearer 15.

The thing is that fans expect that it's "want target = get target".

Barcelona - BARCELONA - wanted Coutinho. From fucking Liverpool who haven't won a league title in 27 years. Do you see him doing bad kickups at the Nou Camp?

You can aim for whoever and whatever you want but it doesn't mean you get them.

Barcelona - BARCELONA - wanted Coutinho. From fucking Liverpool who haven't won a league title in 27 years. Do you see him doing bad kickups at the Nou Camp?

That will happen tomorrow....

About time we outted some mongness

e80851635e70d6b19e03b0c93348762c.jpg

Still early days for Bonatini and if he gets injured we then rely on Cav or Zyro playing up top. Again it's slipping into the mindset of that'll do.

It's slipping in to the mindset of knowing what type of striker you want and when one is not available or teams pull out last minute then not signing a shit one because the fans want a signing. In this team with this style of play Cav can play upfront and not be a last resort, he showed that against Leicester. I wanted a striker like most fans but i can cope with the right one not being available.

I remember a Christmas many moons ago. I had to write a letter to Santa. I asked for a Dawes racer, Jonny 7 machine gun, a scalelectric, an Action man and Subuteo football game. I woke up on Christmas morning and I got everything except the Action man, I can still remember telling my mother that Santa was a wanker and that I would play up all the following year!

Pat Murphy reckons Wolves are still after a forward and haven't given up yet...As long as the "deal paperwork" has gone to the FA you can have an extra 2 hours extension

Barcelona - BARCELONA - wanted Coutinho. From $#@!ing Liverpool who haven't won a league title in 27 years. Do you see him doing bad kickups at the Nou Camp?

That's fine... unless you sell all of your cover in the position before you get that deal over the line.

Barcelona weren't clearing out with the expectation that they'd get the Coutinho deal done.

Back