• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Tim Nash reckons that the physios have packed up and gone home.

What a damp squib.

Great window regards defence and midfield but not going to hide the disappointment of not getting another striker in leaves us very short up top.

Fair summary though I feel we need another midfielder. And why the hell do all our moves appear to be falling through at the last minute today? Are we not using the good cutlery or something?

Fair summary though I feel we need another midfielder. And why the hell do all our moves appear to be falling through at the last minute today? Are we not using the good cutlery or something?

That's it, someone get their used bedsheet ready.

DORIS, YOU'VE LET US DOWN AGAIN! TEA MAFIA OUT!!

Just to put things in perspective...Pretty much our match day squad last season (no longer here in CAPS) 4-2-3-1;
Carl Ikeme, Connor Coady, Danny Batth, RICHARD STEARMAN, GEORGE SAVILLE; Romain Saiss, DAVE EDWARDS, Ivan Cavaliero, Helder Costa, JORDAN GRAHAM, NOUHA DICKO; Subs, ANDY LONERGAN, Matt Doherty, Jack Price, J-D BODVARSSON, Connor Ronan, M Gibbs-White, ANDY WEIMANN...

This season our squad (new in CAPS) 3-4-3;
JOHN RUDDY, RODERICK MIRANDA, Connor Coady, WILLY BOLY; Matt Doherty, RUBEN NEVES, Romain Saiss, BARRY DOUGLAS; Ivan Cavaliero, LEO BONATINI, DIOGO JOTA; Subs from; WILL NORRIS, PHIL AFUSU-AYEH, Ben Marshall, Jack Price, Bright Enobakare, RUBEN VINAGRE, Donovan Wilson, Kortney Hause, Danny Batth, Connor Ronan, Michal Zyro and don't forget a fit Helder Costa to come in

Ruddy the Younger off to Oldham on loan.

Didn't Nuno say early doors that he was after a striker, but a very specific type of striker and that if the right player wasn't available this window he was prepared to wait, rather than bringing in any old dross?
And given that he would have agreed every in and out, he is happier with what we have now than any panic buy or any trimmed off excess?

Let's not put lipstick on a pig, failing to land a striker is a massive disappointment. It's rather disingenuous not to admit it. Can we be good without a new striker? Sure. Would we better with one? Almost certainly yes.

Didn't Nuno say early doors that he was after a striker, but a very specific type of striker and that if the right player wasn't available this window he was prepared to wait, rather than bringing in any old dross?
And given that he would have agreed every in and out, he is happier with what we have now than any panic buy or any trimmed off excess?

No, that's not how it works.

We must sign any player, I repeat any player. We must make the fans feel better, forget what the manager wants, the fans want signings, so give us signings!

Let's not put lipstick on a pig, failing to land a striker is a massive disappointment. It's rather disingenuous not to admit it. Can we be good without a new striker? Sure. Would we better with one? Almost certainly yes.

Depends who it is surely - personally I think we are better without Dicko as it gives more opportunities for Enobakhare and Wilson to develop.

Is it a total catastrophe that we haven't got one? No.

Should 'heads roll' for this 'failure'? (and yes, people have actually tweeted this!) No.

That is very much fair enough.

We should have got one (assuming we haven't) but then I'd rather have no-one than some absolute dross like Hugill (amazed he is making a career above L1) and Barnes (cunt)

Thats exactly how i feel it

Can't imagine he'll be happy with one fit striker on the books yes Cav and Zyro can play through the middle but that's falling back into the he'll do type view on things.
Obviously I wouldn't suggest a panic buy to appease anyone just sounds like all targets haven't come of.

We use the Nuffield a lot for various things

Oh okay, didn't know that!

Is it a total catastrophe that we haven't got one? No.

Should 'heads roll' for this 'failure'? (and yes, people have actually tweeted this!) No.

I'm not so sure, if it means Thelwell gets the boot. I'm happy for his head to roll, preferably down the M25.

Back