• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

But I really trust Nuno and his staff, best manager in my lifetime

All the Twitter haters will be loving the fact we will sign Diego Costa on loan at 10.59.

I said yesterday i wasn't too bothered if we didn't sign a striker because most of the names banded about i didn't want and why sign a striker that isn't good enough. I agree with the Dicko sale, you can't turn down that money for someone that you don't really want and i'm happy Cav, Zyro, Jota and Wilson can be backup to Bonatini who i still think will score goals. We then have Costa to come back who will score goals so i'm not that bothered however if we can get a deal over the line before 11pm and the player is half decent then fair enough.

I said yesterday i wasn't too bothered if we didn't sign a striker because most of the names banded about i didn't want and why sign a striker that isn't good enough. I agree with the Dicko sale, you can't turn down that money for someone that you don't really want and i'm happy Cav, Zyro, Jota and Wilson can be backup to Bonatini who i still think will score goals. We then have Costa to come back who will score goals so i'm not that bothered however if we can get a deal over the line before 11pm and the player is half decent then fair enough.
100% agree

Winnall's loan is to Derby

Great, now everyone who was just saying "we released him years ago, shouldn't take him back, what a joke" will be saying "how could we let Derby beat us to him, unbelievable, what a joke".

Full on meltdowns going down on the other site - seen stuff like "thanks for nothing Wolves" and "this window has been a disaster with no striker"

Great, now everyone who was just saying "we released him years ago, shouldn't take him back, what a joke" will be saying "how could we let Derby beat us to him, unbelievable, what a joke".

Actually shows up the folly of signing way too many strikers as Wednesday have. We had that under Mick as well in 2007/8.

So it was Mason, Bod, Dicko last season as the top three striker options for Lambert last season. Now we have Bonatini, Cav and Zyro who will be Nuno's. I would say we are in a stronger position now.

Only difference in this deadline day was we tried. Same outcone is dissapointing Bonatini is not good enough.

Just have to hope we can hang on to the top 2 until January then try and get a striker

TBF I rate him...he will do fine for them im sure

People trying to see who can be the most put out on Twitter too. Even those saying 'announce promotion' mere weeks ago.

Cavaleiro is more than decent enough to play the striker role. And Wilson can come onto the bench to cover any injuries/suspensions.

Yes an out and out striker would be more preferable but if we can't get one over the line then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Jota/Costa/Cav/Bonatini are more than capable of getting 10 goals each this season. That's the same as, in any other team, your striker getting 20 and the AMs/CMs all getting 20 between them.

Same outcone is dissapointing Bonatini is not good enough.

You have seen him once, yes?

I've seen him more than once and I do think he's good enough. Not going to bang in 25 goals but a very good footballer and he's already notched a couple.

Only difference in this deadline day was we tried. Same outcone is dissapointing Bonatini is not good enough.

Just have to hope we can hang on to the top 2 until January then try and get a striker

Rubbish, Bonatini is more then good enough.

He's scored 2 goals in 4 games, you can't really ask for more than that and expect to get it.

Has any championship club spent as much as us in a window?

TBF I rate him...he will do fine for them im sure

I would have had him back here happily.

We didn't release because he was shit, same as Vokes; they just got stuck behind a long line of players and needed to move to play.

Back