• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Still time for deals to be announced.

Alfred N ' Diaye to Wolverhampton. Did it before midnight, Yes?

Can't deny I'm not frustrated by that no matter how many times people tell me that Bonatini will be fine.

Time to step up to the plate Master Donovan Wilson. Excited to see if he can develop now he's officially going to be a squad player week in week out.

N'Diaye is fucking rubbish :icon_lol: Please no. Seyi II.

Wolves fans right now:

YWVwK.jpg

Disappointing.

Yep. Not going to be one of those "ah well, we never really needed a striker anyway" posters that are coming out of the woodwork by the minute. I'm not afraid to say it - I wanted a striker. I wanted perhaps another couple of players - and I woke up this morning buzzing about today's potential deals, but it looks like we'll be going to bed disappointed.

This transfer window is like one of those annoying load screens where we got stuck on 99%. Still an excellent window, but deeply disappointing finish.

I hope it doesn't cost us.

Wanted a striker - expected a striker - disappointed we didn't sign a striker - glad we didn't sign Hugill or Barnes.

Happy with what we have though and confident we will be in the promotion shake up come January. My summary ends.

I think that is fair enough Jinks. But the 99% is still awesome and we need to keep that in mind.

I've kept my powder dry, but this morning everyone, but everyone said we needed a striker, we haven't signed one, you can't sugarcoat that it's extremely disappointing. No point try to be revisionist and saying we've had a good window (we have) or Cav can play there - he did twice last season and was poor be it in a different formation or Zyro who hasn't started a game for 18 months is an option. We are light up front and there's no hiding from that, we could get away with it Bonatini could make it, although from the limited amount I've seen I'd put him down as a good reserve rather than a starter. I still don't regret letting any of those forwards who left doing so, bug lets not pretend the failure to bring someone else in today isn't a balls up as it clearly is.

Yep I'm in the disappointed camp, but if the type of players that it was felt were needed to improve us weren't available for whatever reason then what can you do?

Could have been worse, we could have panic bought any manner of dross I'm sure.

Still don't think they should or indeed would have sold Dicko with the benefit of hindsight though.

Hope your Mum slapped you for swearing

It was a parody about our transfer window. Nevés, Jota, WB, Miranda, Douglas, and getting rid of certain players that weren't up to it, that we have been moaning about for yonks. We never got a 10million pound striker, but we have got Costa to come back too.
This has been an unbelievable window, would have been great to get a top forward, but it doesn't take away from the fact, how lucky we are to have Fosun and Mendes.
I would never have sworn in front of my mother.

Back